May 11, 2013, 4:03 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks don’t know who they’re facing in the second round just yet, but they’re getting a pair of key players back for it.
Coach Joel Quenneville says center Dave Bolland (groin) and goalie Ray Emery (lower body), who both missed the first-round against Minnesota, will be ready to go for the start of the second-round reports Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com.
Emery’s return is a bit less ballyhooed as Corey Crawford‘s outstanding play against the Wild helped silence doubters about his play in goal. Still, should injury or poor play occur the Blackhawks are better off having Emery backing him up than youngster Carter Hutton.
Chicago will face either San Jose or Detroit in the next round of the playoffs depending on what happens in Game 7 between the Red Wings and Anaheim Ducks.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 10
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 26
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)