May 11, 2013, 4:03 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks don’t know who they’re facing in the second round just yet, but they’re getting a pair of key players back for it.
Coach Joel Quenneville says center Dave Bolland (groin) and goalie Ray Emery (lower body), who both missed the first-round against Minnesota, will be ready to go for the start of the second-round reports Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com.
Emery’s return is a bit less ballyhooed as Corey Crawford‘s outstanding play against the Wild helped silence doubters about his play in goal. Still, should injury or poor play occur the Blackhawks are better off having Emery backing him up than youngster Carter Hutton.
Chicago will face either San Jose or Detroit in the next round of the playoffs depending on what happens in Game 7 between the Red Wings and Anaheim Ducks.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)