May 11, 2013, 4:03 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks don’t know who they’re facing in the second round just yet, but they’re getting a pair of key players back for it.
Coach Joel Quenneville says center Dave Bolland (groin) and goalie Ray Emery (lower body), who both missed the first-round against Minnesota, will be ready to go for the start of the second-round reports Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com.
Emery’s return is a bit less ballyhooed as Corey Crawford‘s outstanding play against the Wild helped silence doubters about his play in goal. Still, should injury or poor play occur the Blackhawks are better off having Emery backing him up than youngster Carter Hutton.
Chicago will face either San Jose or Detroit in the next round of the playoffs depending on what happens in Game 7 between the Red Wings and Anaheim Ducks.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)