May 10, 2013, 9:39 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks made a push in the second period of Game 6 against the Detroit Red Wings, generating more of an offensive attack as they look to close out this series.
But Red Wings’ goalie Jimmy Howard clearly has other plans. He made a nice pad save off Teemu Selanne, who was all alone in front of the Detroit net following a two-on-rush for Anaheim. That save maintained the Red Wings’ 1-0 lead three minutes into the middle period, however Kyle Palmieri has since tied the game for the Ducks.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 6
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30