May 10, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
If the Toronto Maple Leafs extend their first-round series against the Boston Bruins by winning Game 5, then they should probably thank goalie James Reimer.
The underrated netminder has had a strong Friday so far in stopping all 25 Bruins shots through two periods, but if you’d prefer to point to highlights, one could argue that his stop against Patrice Bergeron was his best one of the 2013 playoffs so far:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Tyler Bozak scored the game’s first goal while the Leafs were shorthanded shortly after that impressive save, so people might just point to that stop as a turning point of Game 5. If nothing else, it was a fantastic stop.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 4
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)