May 10, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
If the Toronto Maple Leafs extend their first-round series against the Boston Bruins by winning Game 5, then they should probably thank goalie James Reimer.
The underrated netminder has had a strong Friday so far in stopping all 25 Bruins shots through two periods, but if you’d prefer to point to highlights, one could argue that his stop against Patrice Bergeron was his best one of the 2013 playoffs so far:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Tyler Bozak scored the game’s first goal while the Leafs were shorthanded shortly after that impressive save, so people might just point to that stop as a turning point of Game 5. If nothing else, it was a fantastic stop.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)