May 10, 2013, 11:22 PM EST
Win or especially lose, the question after most New York Rangers playoff games is: what will head coach John Tortorella say? (Or sometimes, “how unpleasantly will he not say something?”)
Following the Rangers’ 2-1 OT loss to the Washington Capitals in Game 5 on Friday, Tortorella took the high road … kind of. He was at least non-specific when asked about Rick Nash‘s struggles, according to the Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross.
“I’m not critiquing players,” Tortorella said.
“It’s a dumb penalty and you don’t kill that off,” Tortorella said. “He’s a guy that’s playing well but it’s a dumb penalty”
Tortorella didn’t want to badmouth Nash and he didn’t want to call Game 6 an elimination game.
“I’m not going to use that word,” Tortorella said. “We’ll go home and try to win a game.”
Whatever you want to call it.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 3
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 14
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 26
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)