May 10, 2013, 8:46 PM EST
The tension is building between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals, so Ryane Clowe could really be missed.
The 30-year-old forward left Game 5 on Friday with an undisclosed injury and won’t return. The New York Daily News’ Pat Leonard is concerned that Clowe is suffering from concussion-like symptoms, which is especially worrisome since he dealt with a head injury in late April.
Clowe only played one shift after a hit by Jason Chimera, which earned the Capitals forward a two-minute minor penalty for boarding.
Chimera, 34, also delivered a questionable blow on Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman tonight, so he’s clearly not making a lot of friends.
Update: Here’s video of the hit that injured Clowe:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)