May 10, 2013, 8:46 PM EDT
The tension is building between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals, so Ryane Clowe could really be missed.
The 30-year-old forward left Game 5 on Friday with an undisclosed injury and won’t return. The New York Daily News’ Pat Leonard is concerned that Clowe is suffering from concussion-like symptoms, which is especially worrisome since he dealt with a head injury in late April.
Clowe only played one shift after a hit by Jason Chimera, which earned the Capitals forward a two-minute minor penalty for boarding.
Chimera, 34, also delivered a questionable blow on Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman tonight, so he’s clearly not making a lot of friends.
Update: Here’s video of the hit that injured Clowe:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 3
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 11
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)