May 10, 2013, 8:46 PM EDT
The tension is building between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals, so Ryane Clowe could really be missed.
The 30-year-old forward left Game 5 on Friday with an undisclosed injury and won’t return. The New York Daily News’ Pat Leonard is concerned that Clowe is suffering from concussion-like symptoms, which is especially worrisome since he dealt with a head injury in late April.
Clowe only played one shift after a hit by Jason Chimera, which earned the Capitals forward a two-minute minor penalty for boarding.
Chimera, 34, also delivered a questionable blow on Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman tonight, so he’s clearly not making a lot of friends.
Update: Here’s video of the hit that injured Clowe:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 0
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 51
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (54)