May 10, 2013, 8:46 PM EST
The tension is building between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals, so Ryane Clowe could really be missed.
The 30-year-old forward left Game 5 on Friday with an undisclosed injury and won’t return. The New York Daily News’ Pat Leonard is concerned that Clowe is suffering from concussion-like symptoms, which is especially worrisome since he dealt with a head injury in late April.
Clowe only played one shift after a hit by Jason Chimera, which earned the Capitals forward a two-minute minor penalty for boarding.
Chimera, 34, also delivered a questionable blow on Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman tonight, so he’s clearly not making a lot of friends.
Update: Here’s video of the hit that injured Clowe:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)