May 10, 2013, 8:46 PM EDT
The tension is building between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals, so Ryane Clowe could really be missed.
The 30-year-old forward left Game 5 on Friday with an undisclosed injury and won’t return. The New York Daily News’ Pat Leonard is concerned that Clowe is suffering from concussion-like symptoms, which is especially worrisome since he dealt with a head injury in late April.
Clowe only played one shift after a hit by Jason Chimera, which earned the Capitals forward a two-minute minor penalty for boarding.
Chimera, 34, also delivered a questionable blow on Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman tonight, so he’s clearly not making a lot of friends.
Update: Here’s video of the hit that injured Clowe:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)