May 10, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
The NHL has announced that Game 6 of the Pittsburgh Penguins’ first-round series against the New York Islanders will start at 7:00 p.m. ET on Saturday. You’ll be able to watch the game on NBCSN.
That will be the only game on Saturday after the Chicago Blackhawks eliminated the Minnesota Wild tonight.
If necessary, the Penguins and Islanders will finish their series on Sunday, but the start time and broadcasting details for that contest haven’t been revealed.
The Islanders earned an impressive 6-4 victory against the Penguins on Tuesday and Pittsburgh goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury looked like a liability in that contest. As a result, the Penguins went with Tomas Vokoun tonight, who stopped 31 shots in a 4-0 victory.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)