May 10, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
The NHL has announced that Game 6 of the Pittsburgh Penguins’ first-round series against the New York Islanders will start at 7:00 p.m. ET on Saturday. You’ll be able to watch the game on NBCSN.
That will be the only game on Saturday after the Chicago Blackhawks eliminated the Minnesota Wild tonight.
If necessary, the Penguins and Islanders will finish their series on Sunday, but the start time and broadcasting details for that contest haven’t been revealed.
The Islanders earned an impressive 6-4 victory against the Penguins on Tuesday and Pittsburgh goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury looked like a liability in that contest. As a result, the Penguins went with Tomas Vokoun tonight, who stopped 31 shots in a 4-0 victory.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 15
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)