May 10, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
The NHL has announced that Game 6 of the Pittsburgh Penguins’ first-round series against the New York Islanders will start at 7:00 p.m. ET on Saturday. You’ll be able to watch the game on NBCSN.
That will be the only game on Saturday after the Chicago Blackhawks eliminated the Minnesota Wild tonight.
If necessary, the Penguins and Islanders will finish their series on Sunday, but the start time and broadcasting details for that contest haven’t been revealed.
The Islanders earned an impressive 6-4 victory against the Penguins on Tuesday and Pittsburgh goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury looked like a liability in that contest. As a result, the Penguins went with Tomas Vokoun tonight, who stopped 31 shots in a 4-0 victory.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)