NHL announces details for Game 6 of Penguins-Islanders series

May 10, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT

PITTSBURGH, PA - MAY 9: Sidney Crosby #87 of the Pittsburgh Penguins skates past the defense of Thomas Hickey #14 of the New York Islanders and Lubomir Visnovsky #11 in Game Five of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2013 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Consol Energy Center on May 9, 2013 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/NHLI via Getty Images) Getty Images

The NHL has announced that Game 6 of the Pittsburgh Penguins’ first-round series against the New York Islanders will start at 7:00 p.m. ET on Saturday. You’ll be able to watch the game on NBCSN.

That will be the only game on Saturday after the Chicago Blackhawks eliminated the Minnesota Wild tonight.

If necessary, the Penguins and Islanders will finish their series on Sunday, but the start time and broadcasting details for that contest haven’t been revealed.

The Islanders earned an impressive 6-4 victory against the Penguins on Tuesday and Pittsburgh goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury looked like a liability in that contest. As a result, the Penguins went with Tomas Vokoun tonight, who stopped 31 shots in a 4-0 victory.

1. jonkchar - May 10, 2013 at 1:07 AM

PHT needs more Vokoun! B’)

2. trbowman - May 10, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Nabokov sucks.

3. 19to77 - May 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Vokoun’s the gamebreaker in this series. Isles got about as much firepower on net as any other game. Only this time, nothing got through. Fleury won’t be seen again this series, and probably not for the playoffs at all unless Vokoun lays an egg later on.

4. bobhpine - May 10, 2013 at 1:18 AM

How nice of the NHL to get around to finally scheduling start times for games set to take place in under two days. What a nice favor.

Listen. Only some people are as pathetic as eigglesnosuperbowls and have absolutely nothing to do. It is unconscionable for the NHL to wait so long to announce the start time. They still haven’t announced game 7.

This is such a garage league sometimes. Make a freaking schedule. The people who go to games like to make plans, especially on the weekend. I hope to be able to plan for game 7 if it happens whenever the NHL is ready to announce the start time. Jagoffs.

I’ll be at this game too ml3939. Where are you? Nowhere. Loser.

• 19to77 - May 10, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Says the one with nothing better to do than call out other teams’ fans on an Internet message board.

• drone501 - May 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM

hey eiggles has changed his game face. he likes the penguins.

• eigglesnosuperbowls - May 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Never, they will need every bit of 420 min of hockey to MAYBE get a good bounce to beat the FLYLANDERS ! Your post has as undertone that you actually like it when my dislike for the pens is in full bloom so since you put the quarter in I will oblige ! Drone501 my respect for you has grown immensely since you are putting it on the table that your Pens will win a cup this year and you want to ride with my insults to the end !

• eigglesnosuperbowls - May 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I actually really was gonna hang it up and let pens fans have a soft landing when the thud comes but Iam sensing pens fans really enjoy me being around ! If I receive more thumbs down than thumbs up on this I will cease all post pertaining to pens hockey ! VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN !

• eigglesnosuperbowls - May 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM

pinebob yes they will need a start time for game 7 you are finally right for once !

• eigglesnosuperbowls - May 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM

pinebob are you talking to yourself in writing !

5. multiplemiggs - May 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I hope I get to see another Pens fan get beat up on the bathroom line again. Not like he was really from Pittsburgh. Queer front runner skinny little Long Island boy, thats what you get, coming out here with killers.

• aso513 - May 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Dude, anyone ever tell you how tough you are? Loser.

• hockeywithdrawal - May 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM

And the Tool Of The Day Award has just been claimed…

• supercoop8 - May 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM

You hope you see a queer skinny Long Island boy in the bathroom?? #mulitplemiggscomingout

• theageofquarrel - May 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Beat up on a “skinny little” kid. Total douchebags. They wouldn’t say jack to a guy at 6’4 240.

• eigglesnosuperbowls - May 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Iam 6’3 250 and pens fans always say sh*t to me ! On here that is, never in a bathroom line !

6. csilojohnson - May 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM

killers? More like scum

7. jkay1818 - May 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Tool of the day? check out all of his comments, he is tool of the year. The guy is a complete loser.
    Yeah, the “killers” at the mausoleum.

8. jl9830 - May 10, 2013 at 9:57 AM

The Isles let up on the gas last night, and it showed. That, plus the edge in net, was the difference last night. The Pens showed why you cannot have defensive breakdowns against a team that good. They’ll make the Isles pay every time.

It’s great for the Isles that Game 6 is at home- they’ll need to come out with that same intensity from Games 2-4. Hopefully they can send this thing to a winner-take-all Game 7, which I think is possible. But Nabokov really needs to figure it out, or the Islanders have to get Kevin Poulin in there. Either way, a GREAT season and series from the Islanders comes down to this.

9. wisdomnfl - May 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Sure you are.

10. myroncopesflask - May 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Nothing like tough Flyers fans… Until you have them in an armbar on Zinkoff and they are begging you to let them keep their arm. I doubt he comes on this site but fat blonde bearded guy in the Riley Cote Jersey I ran into after game 4 last year knows what I am talking about. 1975

11. jkay1818 - May 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM

myron, that was you? i still talk to my friends about that fight. you’re awesome.

FART

• myroncopesflask - May 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM

lol wasn’t a fight… no punches were thrown. just a fat guy in orange acting tough… looking like a fool.. and getting a free ride in a police car

12. whammy71 - May 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I love that the Pens won last night. Now there won’t be a game 7. Cups coming to Pittsburgh….the parade is still on. On his goal, Sid shrugged off a cross check like Big Ben shrugs off rape allegations. And TK got the Ketle One goal last night……top shelf baby!!!

Mario helped the league by letting the series go 6….. More TV revenue. Pens ain’t EFF’ing around anymore.

Some say I’m cocky…..I’m just letting faith and expectations dictate reality!

• mordock57 - May 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Thumbs up NOT because I’m a Pens fan, but because that was just friggin’ funny. :)

Bruins faithful should be worried

Top 10 NHL Player Searches