May 10, 2013, 11:40 PM EST
The New York Rangers aren’t out of their first-round series against the Washington Capitals, but with their opponents up 3-2, the finger-pointing is starting. One obvious scapegoat could be Rick Nash.
Despite signs of effort (particularly 19 shots on goal), Nash has zero goals and one assist in these five playoff games. The 28-year-old forward seemed upset – but maybe not frustrated – while discussing his struggles with Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record.
“I don’t know if it’s frustration but it’s not a good thing when you can’t help your team win,” Nash said.
If people are blaming Nash for his inability to make difference, they’re not airing those grievances in public. For example: head coach John Tortorella refused to critique players such as Nash after the game.
This isn’t Nash’s first career postseason experience, yet it might be the first time he’s been on a team with high expectations. If things don’t change, many of the same questions will remain about the talented power forward.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)