May 10, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
There’s pre-game meals and then there’s Wheaties.
Clarke MacArthur, apparently, had the latter for prior to Game 5 between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins.
As per a tweet from the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle, MacArthur also predicted he would score. That MacArthur did, on a glorious effort in the third period to give the Maple Leafs a 2-0 lead. It turned out to be the winner.
They would hang on for the 2-1 victory and stave off elimination for the moment, sending this series back to Toronto for Game 6.
The triumphant moment comes after MacArthur was a healthy scratch for the Leafs earlier in this series.
“He was obviously a little upset sitting out,” Leafs center Tyler Bozak told the Globe and Mail about MacArthur.
“You never want to sit out at this time of year. Maybe it put a little spark in him because he’s played unbelievable hockey since he’s been back.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 7
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 18
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)