May 10, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
There’s pre-game meals and then there’s Wheaties.
Clarke MacArthur, apparently, had the latter for prior to Game 5 between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins.
As per a tweet from the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle, MacArthur also predicted he would score. That MacArthur did, on a glorious effort in the third period to give the Maple Leafs a 2-0 lead. It turned out to be the winner.
They would hang on for the 2-1 victory and stave off elimination for the moment, sending this series back to Toronto for Game 6.
The triumphant moment comes after MacArthur was a healthy scratch for the Leafs earlier in this series.
“He was obviously a little upset sitting out,” Leafs center Tyler Bozak told the Globe and Mail about MacArthur.
“You never want to sit out at this time of year. Maybe it put a little spark in him because he’s played unbelievable hockey since he’s been back.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)