May 10, 2013, 11:50 PM EST
There’s pre-game meals and then there’s Wheaties.
Clarke MacArthur, apparently, had the latter for prior to Game 5 between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins.
As per a tweet from the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle, MacArthur also predicted he would score. That MacArthur did, on a glorious effort in the third period to give the Maple Leafs a 2-0 lead. It turned out to be the winner.
They would hang on for the 2-1 victory and stave off elimination for the moment, sending this series back to Toronto for Game 6.
MacArthur on predicting he would score this morning: "Right after the Wheaties I was just feeling great."—
James Mirtle (@mirtle) May 11, 2013
The triumphant moment comes after MacArthur was a healthy scratch for the Leafs earlier in this series.
“He was obviously a little upset sitting out,” Leafs center Tyler Bozak told the Globe and Mail about MacArthur.
“You never want to sit out at this time of year. Maybe it put a little spark in him because he’s played unbelievable hockey since he’s been back.”
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 27
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)