May 10, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
There’s pre-game meals and then there’s Wheaties.
Clarke MacArthur, apparently, had the latter for prior to Game 5 between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins.
As per a tweet from the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle, MacArthur also predicted he would score. That MacArthur did, on a glorious effort in the third period to give the Maple Leafs a 2-0 lead. It turned out to be the winner.
They would hang on for the 2-1 victory and stave off elimination for the moment, sending this series back to Toronto for Game 6.
The triumphant moment comes after MacArthur was a healthy scratch for the Leafs earlier in this series.
“He was obviously a little upset sitting out,” Leafs center Tyler Bozak told the Globe and Mail about MacArthur.
“You never want to sit out at this time of year. Maybe it put a little spark in him because he’s played unbelievable hockey since he’s been back.”
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 2
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)