May 10, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
There will be a seventh and deciding game between the Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings.
Friday presented some nervous, perhaps deflating moments for the Red Wings, but that changed when Henrik Zetterberg scored in overtime to give Detroit a 4-3 overtime win in Game 6 of the Western Conference quarter-final.
The Red Wings had a two-goal lead with less than four minutes remaining in the third period, before the Ducks scored twice in the span of 51 seconds to send the game to overtime.
Here are some talking points.
- It took six games, but Zetterberg finally scored his first goal of this series. Impeccable timing, too, but not as good as his second goal of the game.
- Go to the net and good things happen. Justin Abdelkader‘s shot from the half boards deflected off the body of Daniel Cleary and past Jonas Hiller to give Detroit a 3-1 lead in the third period.
- The Red Wings needed Jimmy Howard to be great. And he was, making several big saves in the win.
- Did Corey Perry get away with a trip on Ducks defenseman Kyle Quincey behind the net just seconds before Bobby Ryan‘s tying goal in the third period?
- While we’re on the subject of the Ducks’ comeback: what was Red Wings forward Valtteri Filppula thinking on giveaway behind the net?
- Wonder what exactly was said between Ryan Getzlaf and Todd Bertuzzi at the benches during a break in play just before the midway point of the third period?
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 0
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 95
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 50
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115