May 10, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
There will be a seventh and deciding game between the Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings.
Friday presented some nervous, perhaps deflating moments for the Red Wings, but that changed when Henrik Zetterberg scored in overtime to give Detroit a 4-3 overtime win in Game 6 of the Western Conference quarter-final.
The Red Wings had a two-goal lead with less than four minutes remaining in the third period, before the Ducks scored twice in the span of 51 seconds to send the game to overtime.
Here are some talking points.
- It took six games, but Zetterberg finally scored his first goal of this series. Impeccable timing, too, but not as good as his second goal of the game.
- Go to the net and good things happen. Justin Abdelkader‘s shot from the half boards deflected off the body of Daniel Cleary and past Jonas Hiller to give Detroit a 3-1 lead in the third period.
- The Red Wings needed Jimmy Howard to be great. And he was, making several big saves in the win.
- Did Corey Perry get away with a trip on Ducks defenseman Kyle Quincey behind the net just seconds before Bobby Ryan‘s tying goal in the third period?
- While we’re on the subject of the Ducks’ comeback: what was Red Wings forward Valtteri Filppula thinking on giveaway behind the net?
- Wonder what exactly was said between Ryan Getzlaf and Todd Bertuzzi at the benches during a break in play just before the midway point of the third period?
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 36
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)