May 10, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs held on through a stressful third period to beat the Boston Bruins 2-1 in Game 5 on Friday, pushing the series to Game 6. Let’s discuss the game.
- James Reimer was lights-out in Game 5, stopping 43 out of 44 shots. Did he manage to prove himself in this contest, even if the Leafs end up being eliminated?
- Of additional note: the Bruins dominated possession in the third period, firing 19 shots on goal to Toronto’s four. Is Randy Carlyle lucky that the decision to protect what was a 2-0 lead through the final frame.
- Tyler Seguin keeps firing shots on goal and making plays but remains snake-bitten. Can he fight through the frustration and become a bigger factor in this series? Will Jaromir Jagr have a little more luck himself?
- The series shifts back to Toronto for Game 6. Can the Leafs push this to a full seven games?
- On a similar note, what kind of chances do you give the Maple Leafs to advance to the semifinals?
- Some believe that Wade Redden‘s absence factored into Tyler Bozak‘s 1-0 shorthanded goal. How much do the Bruins miss the recently added veteran?
- Any worries about Tuukka Rask, a goalie who saw a 3-0 series lead (in 2010) dissolve?
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 33
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 28
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22