May 10, 2013, 9:49 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs held on through a stressful third period to beat the Boston Bruins 2-1 in Game 5 on Friday, pushing the series to Game 6. Let’s discuss the game.
- James Reimer was lights-out in Game 5, stopping 43 out of 44 shots. Did he manage to prove himself in this contest, even if the Leafs end up being eliminated?
- Of additional note: the Bruins dominated possession in the third period, firing 19 shots on goal to Toronto’s four. Is Randy Carlyle lucky that the decision to protect what was a 2-0 lead through the final frame.
- Tyler Seguin keeps firing shots on goal and making plays but remains snake-bitten. Can he fight through the frustration and become a bigger factor in this series? Will Jaromir Jagr have a little more luck himself?
- The series shifts back to Toronto for Game 6. Can the Leafs push this to a full seven games?
- On a similar note, what kind of chances do you give the Maple Leafs to advance to the semifinals?
- Some believe that Wade Redden‘s absence factored into Tyler Bozak‘s 1-0 shorthanded goal. How much do the Bruins miss the recently added veteran?
- Any worries about Tuukka Rask, a goalie who saw a 3-0 series lead (in 2010) dissolve?
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)