May 10, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs held on through a stressful third period to beat the Boston Bruins 2-1 in Game 5 on Friday, pushing the series to Game 6. Let’s discuss the game.
- James Reimer was lights-out in Game 5, stopping 43 out of 44 shots. Did he manage to prove himself in this contest, even if the Leafs end up being eliminated?
- Of additional note: the Bruins dominated possession in the third period, firing 19 shots on goal to Toronto’s four. Is Randy Carlyle lucky that the decision to protect what was a 2-0 lead through the final frame.
- Tyler Seguin keeps firing shots on goal and making plays but remains snake-bitten. Can he fight through the frustration and become a bigger factor in this series? Will Jaromir Jagr have a little more luck himself?
- The series shifts back to Toronto for Game 6. Can the Leafs push this to a full seven games?
- On a similar note, what kind of chances do you give the Maple Leafs to advance to the semifinals?
- Some believe that Wade Redden‘s absence factored into Tyler Bozak‘s 1-0 shorthanded goal. How much do the Bruins miss the recently added veteran?
- Any worries about Tuukka Rask, a goalie who saw a 3-0 series lead (in 2010) dissolve?
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 17
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 13
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 36
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)