May 10, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs held on through a stressful third period to beat the Boston Bruins 2-1 in Game 5 on Friday, pushing the series to Game 6. Let’s discuss the game.
- James Reimer was lights-out in Game 5, stopping 43 out of 44 shots. Did he manage to prove himself in this contest, even if the Leafs end up being eliminated?
- Of additional note: the Bruins dominated possession in the third period, firing 19 shots on goal to Toronto’s four. Is Randy Carlyle lucky that the decision to protect what was a 2-0 lead through the final frame.
- Tyler Seguin keeps firing shots on goal and making plays but remains snake-bitten. Can he fight through the frustration and become a bigger factor in this series? Will Jaromir Jagr have a little more luck himself?
- The series shifts back to Toronto for Game 6. Can the Leafs push this to a full seven games?
- On a similar note, what kind of chances do you give the Maple Leafs to advance to the semifinals?
- Some believe that Wade Redden‘s absence factored into Tyler Bozak‘s 1-0 shorthanded goal. How much do the Bruins miss the recently added veteran?
- Any worries about Tuukka Rask, a goalie who saw a 3-0 series lead (in 2010) dissolve?
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)