May 10, 2013, 10:19 PM EST
The Boston Bruins made a mad rush to eliminate the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 5 on Friday as they fired 19 shots to the Leafs’ four in the third period. While that shines a spotlight on Buds goalie James Reimer, defenseman Dennis Seidenberg believes that it’s an example of too little, too late.
“[The] way we battled, got pucks to the net in the third … we have to carry that into the next game,” Seidenberg said. “You have to work for your luck and we started working too late.”
Many remember that Tuukka Rask and the Bruins once coughed up a 3-0 series lead, so seeing a 3-1 margin slim down to 3-2 can be disturbing. Johnny Boychuk believes that the team’s experience with deep playoff runs provides a larger lesson.
“We’ve been in this situation before; we have to be just as desperate from the team across from us,” Boychuk said.
Zdeno Chara finished things off pretty simply.
“We can’t get frustrated, have to get ready for the next game,” Chara said.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 145
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (144)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)