May 10, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins made a mad rush to eliminate the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 5 on Friday as they fired 19 shots to the Leafs’ four in the third period. While that shines a spotlight on Buds goalie James Reimer, defenseman Dennis Seidenberg believes that it’s an example of too little, too late.
“[The] way we battled, got pucks to the net in the third … we have to carry that into the next game,” Seidenberg said. “You have to work for your luck and we started working too late.”
Many remember that Tuukka Rask and the Bruins once coughed up a 3-0 series lead, so seeing a 3-1 margin slim down to 3-2 can be disturbing. Johnny Boychuk believes that the team’s experience with deep playoff runs provides a larger lesson.
“We’ve been in this situation before; we have to be just as desperate from the team across from us,” Boychuk said.
Zdeno Chara finished things off pretty simply.
“We can’t get frustrated, have to get ready for the next game,” Chara said.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)