May 10, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
During the 2012 playoffs, many compared Alex Pietrangelo to Drew Doughty because the St. Louis Blues defenseman was injured against the Los Angeles Kings. He was injured early in last year’s semifinals and eventually played (some might say hurt) … which might just happen again.
The 23-year-old defenseman seemed banged up after being hit by Trevor Lewis with about four minutes left in the first period of Game 6. While he missed the rest of that first frame, the Blues PR staff told NHL.com’s Lou Korac that he’ll return.
Of course, guys like Max Pacioretty emphasize the notion that a significant amount of players suit up despite being inhibited by a wide variety of injuries during the playoffs, so Pietrangelo returning doesn’t guarantee that St. Louis will be getting the high-end blueliner at 100 percent.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (46)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)