May 10, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
During the 2012 playoffs, many compared Alex Pietrangelo to Drew Doughty because the St. Louis Blues defenseman was injured against the Los Angeles Kings. He was injured early in last year’s semifinals and eventually played (some might say hurt) … which might just happen again.
The 23-year-old defenseman seemed banged up after being hit by Trevor Lewis with about four minutes left in the first period of Game 6. While he missed the rest of that first frame, the Blues PR staff told NHL.com’s Lou Korac that he’ll return.
Of course, guys like Max Pacioretty emphasize the notion that a significant amount of players suit up despite being inhibited by a wide variety of injuries during the playoffs, so Pietrangelo returning doesn’t guarantee that St. Louis will be getting the high-end blueliner at 100 percent.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)