May 10, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
During the 2012 playoffs, many compared Alex Pietrangelo to Drew Doughty because the St. Louis Blues defenseman was injured against the Los Angeles Kings. He was injured early in last year’s semifinals and eventually played (some might say hurt) … which might just happen again.
The 23-year-old defenseman seemed banged up after being hit by Trevor Lewis with about four minutes left in the first period of Game 6. While he missed the rest of that first frame, the Blues PR staff told NHL.com’s Lou Korac that he’ll return.
Of course, guys like Max Pacioretty emphasize the notion that a significant amount of players suit up despite being inhibited by a wide variety of injuries during the playoffs, so Pietrangelo returning doesn’t guarantee that St. Louis will be getting the high-end blueliner at 100 percent.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63