May 10, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
During the 2012 playoffs, many compared Alex Pietrangelo to Drew Doughty because the St. Louis Blues defenseman was injured against the Los Angeles Kings. He was injured early in last year’s semifinals and eventually played (some might say hurt) … which might just happen again.
The 23-year-old defenseman seemed banged up after being hit by Trevor Lewis with about four minutes left in the first period of Game 6. While he missed the rest of that first frame, the Blues PR staff told NHL.com’s Lou Korac that he’ll return.
Of course, guys like Max Pacioretty emphasize the notion that a significant amount of players suit up despite being inhibited by a wide variety of injuries during the playoffs, so Pietrangelo returning doesn’t guarantee that St. Louis will be getting the high-end blueliner at 100 percent.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)