May 10, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
During the 2012 playoffs, many compared Alex Pietrangelo to Drew Doughty because the St. Louis Blues defenseman was injured against the Los Angeles Kings. He was injured early in last year’s semifinals and eventually played (some might say hurt) … which might just happen again.
The 23-year-old defenseman seemed banged up after being hit by Trevor Lewis with about four minutes left in the first period of Game 6. While he missed the rest of that first frame, the Blues PR staff told NHL.com’s Lou Korac that he’ll return.
Of course, guys like Max Pacioretty emphasize the notion that a significant amount of players suit up despite being inhibited by a wide variety of injuries during the playoffs, so Pietrangelo returning doesn’t guarantee that St. Louis will be getting the high-end blueliner at 100 percent.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34