May 9, 2013, 11:11 PM EDT
“Huge for us,” Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said of getting Abdelkader back. “He’s been a physical presence for us. I think he makes Z and Pav way better. That’ll really help.”
As for the hit that got Abdelkader in trouble in the first place, he conceded that if put in the same situation again he’ll “be smarter about it and target a little lower.”
Lydman suffered a head injury and won’t play in Game 6 on Friday.
If you haven’t seen Abdelkader’s hit, here it is:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8