May 9, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
Looks as though the lineups for tonight’s tilt between the Pens and Isles are coming into shape.
Neither Vitale nor Kennedy has played this series — instead, head coach Dan Bylsma has used the likes of Tanner Glass, Jussi Jokinen and Beau Bennett, all three of whom look to be healthy scratches for Game 5.
“I’m excited to get back out there,” Vitale told the Post-Gazette. “I [hope to bring] a lot of speed, a lot of tenacity, a lot of grit around the net.”
As for the Isles, they’re primed to give Radek Martinek his postseason debut.
New York had a problem to solve on its blueline after Andrew MacDonald — who was averaging over 23 minutes per contest — suffered a broken hand in Game 4, knocking him out of the playoffs.
It appears Martinek will be the solution. For now.
The 36-year-old Czech hasn’t appeared in the playoffs since 2004, but did play in 13 games for the Isles this season, scoring three goals while averaging over 16 minutes per game.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 0
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 12
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)