May 9, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Looks as though the lineups for tonight’s tilt between the Pens and Isles are coming into shape.
Neither Vitale nor Kennedy has played this series — instead, head coach Dan Bylsma has used the likes of Tanner Glass, Jussi Jokinen and Beau Bennett, all three of whom look to be healthy scratches for Game 5.
“I’m excited to get back out there,” Vitale told the Post-Gazette. “I [hope to bring] a lot of speed, a lot of tenacity, a lot of grit around the net.”
As for the Isles, they’re primed to give Radek Martinek his postseason debut.
New York had a problem to solve on its blueline after Andrew MacDonald — who was averaging over 23 minutes per contest — suffered a broken hand in Game 4, knocking him out of the playoffs.
It appears Martinek will be the solution. For now.
The 36-year-old Czech hasn’t appeared in the playoffs since 2004, but did play in 13 games for the Isles this season, scoring three goals while averaging over 16 minutes per game.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)