May 9, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Looks as though the lineups for tonight’s tilt between the Pens and Isles are coming into shape.
Neither Vitale nor Kennedy has played this series — instead, head coach Dan Bylsma has used the likes of Tanner Glass, Jussi Jokinen and Beau Bennett, all three of whom look to be healthy scratches for Game 5.
“I’m excited to get back out there,” Vitale told the Post-Gazette. “I [hope to bring] a lot of speed, a lot of tenacity, a lot of grit around the net.”
As for the Isles, they’re primed to give Radek Martinek his postseason debut.
New York had a problem to solve on its blueline after Andrew MacDonald — who was averaging over 23 minutes per contest — suffered a broken hand in Game 4, knocking him out of the playoffs.
It appears Martinek will be the solution. For now.
The 36-year-old Czech hasn’t appeared in the playoffs since 2004, but did play in 13 games for the Isles this season, scoring three goals while averaging over 16 minutes per game.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)