May 9, 2013, 1:45 AM EDT
Slava Voynov wasn’t going to hang back.
The 23-year-old defenseman jumped up into the rush in overtime, then took a pass from Anze Kopitar before beating Blues goalie Brian Elliott to give the L.A. Kings a 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues in Game 5 of this Western Conference quarter-final.
The Kings now have a 3-2 series lead and can eliminated the Blues, who, according to their head coach Ken Hitchcock, “played a hell of a hockey game,” in a losing cause, with a win on Friday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)