May 9, 2013, 1:45 AM EDT
Slava Voynov wasn’t going to hang back.
The 23-year-old defenseman jumped up into the rush in overtime, then took a pass from Anze Kopitar before beating Blues goalie Brian Elliott to give the L.A. Kings a 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues in Game 5 of this Western Conference quarter-final.
The Kings now have a 3-2 series lead and can eliminated the Blues, who, according to their head coach Ken Hitchcock, “played a hell of a hockey game,” in a losing cause, with a win on Friday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 24
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)