May 9, 2013, 1:45 AM EST
Slava Voynov wasn’t going to hang back.
The 23-year-old defenseman jumped up into the rush in overtime, then took a pass from Anze Kopitar before beating Blues goalie Brian Elliott to give the L.A. Kings a 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues in Game 5 of this Western Conference quarter-final.
The Kings now have a 3-2 series lead and can eliminated the Blues, who, according to their head coach Ken Hitchcock, “played a hell of a hockey game,” in a losing cause, with a win on Friday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 0
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 52
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (52)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)