May 9, 2013, 1:45 AM EDT
Slava Voynov wasn’t going to hang back.
The 23-year-old defenseman jumped up into the rush in overtime, then took a pass from Anze Kopitar before beating Blues goalie Brian Elliott to give the L.A. Kings a 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues in Game 5 of this Western Conference quarter-final.
The Kings now have a 3-2 series lead and can eliminated the Blues, who, according to their head coach Ken Hitchcock, “played a hell of a hockey game,” in a losing cause, with a win on Friday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 4
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 36
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)