May 9, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
It’s probably unfair to say that goaltending has been the only significant difference between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators in their first-round series so far, but some might see it that way.
Those people will feel empowered by the montage from the first period of Thursday’s Game 5, as Craig Anderson made some impressive saves while Peter Budaj allowed a couple goals he’d like to have back:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Habs still have time to change the narrative, but it’s tough to deny that netminding has been a factor.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)