May 9, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
It’s probably unfair to say that goaltending has been the only significant difference between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators in their first-round series so far, but some might see it that way.
Those people will feel empowered by the montage from the first period of Thursday’s Game 5, as Craig Anderson made some impressive saves while Peter Budaj allowed a couple goals he’d like to have back:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Habs still have time to change the narrative, but it’s tough to deny that netminding has been a factor.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)