May 9, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
It’s probably unfair to say that goaltending has been the only significant difference between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators in their first-round series so far, but some might see it that way.
Those people will feel empowered by the montage from the first period of Thursday’s Game 5, as Craig Anderson made some impressive saves while Peter Budaj allowed a couple goals he’d like to have back:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Habs still have time to change the narrative, but it’s tough to deny that netminding has been a factor.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)