May 9, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
It’s probably unfair to say that goaltending has been the only significant difference between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators in their first-round series so far, but some might see it that way.
Those people will feel empowered by the montage from the first period of Thursday’s Game 5, as Craig Anderson made some impressive saves while Peter Budaj allowed a couple goals he’d like to have back:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Habs still have time to change the narrative, but it’s tough to deny that netminding has been a factor.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6