May 9, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
It’s probably unfair to say that goaltending has been the only significant difference between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators in their first-round series so far, but some might see it that way.
Those people will feel empowered by the montage from the first period of Thursday’s Game 5, as Craig Anderson made some impressive saves while Peter Budaj allowed a couple goals he’d like to have back:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Habs still have time to change the narrative, but it’s tough to deny that netminding has been a factor.
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 2
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)