May 9, 2013, 12:52 AM EDT
There was a frightening moment in the second period of Wednesday’s game between the Detroit Red Wings and Anaheim Ducks.
Ducks’ forward Daniel Winnik drilled Red Wings’ forward Daniel Cleary from behind into the end boards. Winnik was given a major penalty for boarding, while Cleary was hurt on the play and was reported to be favoring his left arm, as per Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun.
Cleary did return for the third period. But will this hit warrant any supplementary discipline from the NHL? Winnik was given a major, and the series will be heading into its sixth and perhaps deciding game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5