May 9, 2013, 2:10 AM EST
Prior to Wednesday, the Detroit Red Wings had won both games that went to overtime in their Western Conference quarter-final against the Anaheim Ducks.
Nick Bonino changed that. He scored 1:54 into the first extra period and the Ducks took a 3-2 series lead over the Red Wings with a 3-2 victory on home ice. The Red Wings led twice in the game, but both times the Ducks came back, before Bonino finally decided it.
Here’s a look at the winner.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54