May 9, 2013, 2:10 AM EST
Prior to Wednesday, the Detroit Red Wings had won both games that went to overtime in their Western Conference quarter-final against the Anaheim Ducks.
Nick Bonino changed that. He scored 1:54 into the first extra period and the Ducks took a 3-2 series lead over the Red Wings with a 3-2 victory on home ice. The Red Wings led twice in the game, but both times the Ducks came back, before Bonino finally decided it.
Here’s a look at the winner.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11