May 9, 2013, 2:10 AM EDT
Prior to Wednesday, the Detroit Red Wings had won both games that went to overtime in their Western Conference quarter-final against the Anaheim Ducks.
Nick Bonino changed that. He scored 1:54 into the first extra period and the Ducks took a 3-2 series lead over the Red Wings with a 3-2 victory on home ice. The Red Wings led twice in the game, but both times the Ducks came back, before Bonino finally decided it.
Here’s a look at the winner.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6