May 9, 2013, 2:10 AM EST
Prior to Wednesday, the Detroit Red Wings had won both games that went to overtime in their Western Conference quarter-final against the Anaheim Ducks.
Nick Bonino changed that. He scored 1:54 into the first extra period and the Ducks took a 3-2 series lead over the Red Wings with a 3-2 victory on home ice. The Red Wings led twice in the game, but both times the Ducks came back, before Bonino finally decided it.
Here’s a look at the winner.
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 3
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 5
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)