May 9, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
Jeff Carter scored his second goal of the night and what was looking like it might be the game winner less than a minute into the third period of Wednesday’s game between the L.A. Kings and St. Louis Blues.
Carter buried a sweet no-look feed from Anze Kopitar on an odd-man rush 54 seconds into the third period. That goal gave the Kings a 2-1 lead.
The Blues tied it the game on a goal from Alex Pietrangelo with 45 second remaining in regulation to send the game to overtime.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)