May 9, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
Jeff Carter scored his second goal of the night and what was looking like it might be the game winner less than a minute into the third period of Wednesday’s game between the L.A. Kings and St. Louis Blues.
Carter buried a sweet no-look feed from Anze Kopitar on an odd-man rush 54 seconds into the third period. That goal gave the Kings a 2-1 lead.
The Blues tied it the game on a goal from Alex Pietrangelo with 45 second remaining in regulation to send the game to overtime.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 4
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)