May 9, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
Jeff Carter scored his second goal of the night and what was looking like it might be the game winner less than a minute into the third period of Wednesday’s game between the L.A. Kings and St. Louis Blues.
Carter buried a sweet no-look feed from Anze Kopitar on an odd-man rush 54 seconds into the third period. That goal gave the Kings a 2-1 lead.
The Blues tied it the game on a goal from Alex Pietrangelo with 45 second remaining in regulation to send the game to overtime.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (138)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)