May 9, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
For those Canucks fans that are still curious, goalie Cory Schneider‘s “body” injury was actually a groin tweak that occurred in Vancouver’s third-to-last regular-season game against the Blackhawks on April 22.
“I tweaked a groin in the Chicago game,” Schneider confirmed today, per The Province. “I was hoping to get it better in time. Sometimes things don’t respond the way you want them to.”
The 27-year-old missed the last two games of the regular season and the first two games of the San Jose series, before replacing Roberto Luongo in Games 3 and 4 versus the Sharks.
Schneider finished with a sub-par .880 save percentage in the postseason.
“I didn’t get the job done,” he said. “I didn’t play well enough.”
He also said he was 100-percent healthy in the playoffs, in case anyone was wondering if the groin issue affected his play.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)