May 9, 2013, 3:04 PM EST
For those Canucks fans that are still curious, goalie Cory Schneider‘s “body” injury was actually a groin tweak that occurred in Vancouver’s third-to-last regular-season game against the Blackhawks on April 22.
“I tweaked a groin in the Chicago game,” Schneider confirmed today, per The Province. “I was hoping to get it better in time. Sometimes things don’t respond the way you want them to.”
The 27-year-old missed the last two games of the regular season and the first two games of the San Jose series, before replacing Roberto Luongo in Games 3 and 4 versus the Sharks.
Schneider finished with a sub-par .880 save percentage in the postseason.
“I didn’t get the job done,” he said. “I didn’t play well enough.”
He also said he was 100-percent healthy in the playoffs, in case anyone was wondering if the groin issue affected his play.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)