May 9, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
For those Canucks fans that are still curious, goalie Cory Schneider‘s “body” injury was actually a groin tweak that occurred in Vancouver’s third-to-last regular-season game against the Blackhawks on April 22.
“I tweaked a groin in the Chicago game,” Schneider confirmed today, per The Province. “I was hoping to get it better in time. Sometimes things don’t respond the way you want them to.”
The 27-year-old missed the last two games of the regular season and the first two games of the San Jose series, before replacing Roberto Luongo in Games 3 and 4 versus the Sharks.
Schneider finished with a sub-par .880 save percentage in the postseason.
“I didn’t get the job done,” he said. “I didn’t play well enough.”
He also said he was 100-percent healthy in the playoffs, in case anyone was wondering if the groin issue affected his play.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)