May 9, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Usually, when a commentator says that the puck “seems to find” a player, it’s high praise. Considering Sidney Crosby‘s recent luck, it might not be such a good thing.
Crosby suffered a “stinger” when a puck him hit in the foot and also pointed out that a Kris Letang shot missed his face “by a few inches” in Game 5, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe.
Add Thursday’s two close calls to a substantial list of questionable “puck luck” for Crosby. A puck caught him in the throat during Game 4 (prompting some to wonder if he wasn’t quite right tonight) and an ill-fated shot broke his jaw earlier this season, making for a flinch-heavy couple of months.
Really, one cannot totally blame the 25-year-old star if he wonders if it’s really worth it to go into the more dangerous areas of the ice. Then again, when you consider the fact that Crosby is still scoring highlight reel goals, it’s probably best to let him do his thing.
Considering all the close calls and scary moments, he might want to keep that gawky helmet on for as long as he can stand it, though.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6