May 9, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Usually, when a commentator says that the puck “seems to find” a player, it’s high praise. Considering Sidney Crosby‘s recent luck, it might not be such a good thing.
Crosby suffered a “stinger” when a puck him hit in the foot and also pointed out that a Kris Letang shot missed his face “by a few inches” in Game 5, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe.
Add Thursday’s two close calls to a substantial list of questionable “puck luck” for Crosby. A puck caught him in the throat during Game 4 (prompting some to wonder if he wasn’t quite right tonight) and an ill-fated shot broke his jaw earlier this season, making for a flinch-heavy couple of months.
Really, one cannot totally blame the 25-year-old star if he wonders if it’s really worth it to go into the more dangerous areas of the ice. Then again, when you consider the fact that Crosby is still scoring highlight reel goals, it’s probably best to let him do his thing.
Considering all the close calls and scary moments, he might want to keep that gawky helmet on for as long as he can stand it, though.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)