May 9, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Rule out one suspect for the cause of Martin Havlat‘s injury.
On Thursday, the Sharks forward told CSN Bay Area his injury was not caused by Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa, who delivered this groin shot during Game 1 of San Jose’s opening-round sweep of Vancouver.
That incident occurred midway through the first period. Havlat left the contest immediately and didn’t return, and proceeded to miss the final three games of the series.
According to CSN’s Brodie Brazil, Havlat is unlikely to be available when the Sharks begin the second round. The Czech winger doesn’t have a timetable to resume skating, but has cleared for conditioning on the stationary bike.
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 34
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 153
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 49
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 57
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 50
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Washington Capitals were free agency’s biggest spenders 15
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (155)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (57)