May 9, 2013, 2:27 PM EST
Rule out one suspect for the cause of Martin Havlat‘s injury.
On Thursday, the Sharks forward told CSN Bay Area his injury was not caused by Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa, who delivered this groin shot during Game 1 of San Jose’s opening-round sweep of Vancouver.
That incident occurred midway through the first period. Havlat left the contest immediately and didn’t return, and proceeded to miss the final three games of the series.
According to CSN’s Brodie Brazil, Havlat is unlikely to be available when the Sharks begin the second round. The Czech winger doesn’t have a timetable to resume skating, but has cleared for conditioning on the stationary bike.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)