May 9, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Rule out one suspect for the cause of Martin Havlat‘s injury.
On Thursday, the Sharks forward told CSN Bay Area his injury was not caused by Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa, who delivered this groin shot during Game 1 of San Jose’s opening-round sweep of Vancouver.
That incident occurred midway through the first period. Havlat left the contest immediately and didn’t return, and proceeded to miss the final three games of the series.
According to CSN’s Brodie Brazil, Havlat is unlikely to be available when the Sharks begin the second round. The Czech winger doesn’t have a timetable to resume skating, but has cleared for conditioning on the stationary bike.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54