May 9, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Rule out one suspect for the cause of Martin Havlat‘s injury.
On Thursday, the Sharks forward told CSN Bay Area his injury was not caused by Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa, who delivered this groin shot during Game 1 of San Jose’s opening-round sweep of Vancouver.
That incident occurred midway through the first period. Havlat left the contest immediately and didn’t return, and proceeded to miss the final three games of the series.
According to CSN’s Brodie Brazil, Havlat is unlikely to be available when the Sharks begin the second round. The Czech winger doesn’t have a timetable to resume skating, but has cleared for conditioning on the stationary bike.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15