May 9, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Rule out one suspect for the cause of Martin Havlat‘s injury.
On Thursday, the Sharks forward told CSN Bay Area his injury was not caused by Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa, who delivered this groin shot during Game 1 of San Jose’s opening-round sweep of Vancouver.
That incident occurred midway through the first period. Havlat left the contest immediately and didn’t return, and proceeded to miss the final three games of the series.
According to CSN’s Brodie Brazil, Havlat is unlikely to be available when the Sharks begin the second round. The Czech winger doesn’t have a timetable to resume skating, but has cleared for conditioning on the stationary bike.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)