May 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks will be without winger Adam Burish for the entire second round of the playoffs.
Per CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz, Burish suffered an upper-body injury in Game 4 of the Sharks’ first-round sweep of the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday.
Burish is a physical forward with playoff experience. The 30-year-old won a Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks in 2010.
It’s not clear if he’s expected to return in time for the conference finals, should the Sharks make it that far.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)