May 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks will be without winger Adam Burish for the entire second round of the playoffs.
Per CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz, Burish suffered an upper-body injury in Game 4 of the Sharks’ first-round sweep of the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday.
Burish is a physical forward with playoff experience. The 30-year-old won a Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks in 2010.
It’s not clear if he’s expected to return in time for the conference finals, should the Sharks make it that far.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63