May 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks will be without winger Adam Burish for the entire second round of the playoffs.
Per CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz, Burish suffered an upper-body injury in Game 4 of the Sharks’ first-round sweep of the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday.
Burish is a physical forward with playoff experience. The 30-year-old won a Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks in 2010.
It’s not clear if he’s expected to return in time for the conference finals, should the Sharks make it that far.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)