May 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks will be without winger Adam Burish for the entire second round of the playoffs.
Per CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz, Burish suffered an upper-body injury in Game 4 of the Sharks’ first-round sweep of the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday.
Burish is a physical forward with playoff experience. The 30-year-old won a Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks in 2010.
It’s not clear if he’s expected to return in time for the conference finals, should the Sharks make it that far.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)