May 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks will be without winger Adam Burish for the entire second round of the playoffs.
Per CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz, Burish suffered an upper-body injury in Game 4 of the Sharks’ first-round sweep of the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday.
Burish is a physical forward with playoff experience. The 30-year-old won a Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks in 2010.
It’s not clear if he’s expected to return in time for the conference finals, should the Sharks make it that far.
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 10
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 34
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2