May 9, 2013, 8:04 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks were the first team to advance to the second round. Will the Ottawa Senators and Chicago Blackhawks earn their spots tonight?
Please keep in mind that you can watch all these games online in addition to the channels listed below:
Game 5: Montreal Canadiens host Ottawa Senators (7:00 p.m. ET, CNBC)
Ottawa leads series 3-1
Even with all of that, they are still confident going into tonight’s contest.
Game 5: Pittsburgh Penguins host New York Islanders (7:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN)
Series tied at 2-2
Vokoun had an incredible 0.90 GAA and .970 save percentage in four games against the Islanders in four regular season games, so there is reason to be optimistic about this switch. At the same time, the Islanders have faced long odds this entire series and that hasn’t stopped them.
“We’re hoping they’re a little rattled, a little worried about us,” Islanders defenseman Matt Carkner told Newsday, “because we think we have every opportunity to win this series. The more frustrated they get, the better it is for us. I’m sure they’d love to be up 3-1 right now, but that’s hockey.”
Game 5: Chicago Blackhawks host Minnesota Wild (9:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN)
Chicago leads 3-1
Speaking of goaltending, while we know Vokoun will replace Fleury tonight, Minnesota Wild coach Mike Yeo won’t reveal his starter or backup. Niklas Backstrom (lower body) and Josh Harding (leg) are both questionable, so it’s possible that Darcy Kuemper will end up starting.
That would be a lot of pressure for Kuemper, who has played in just seven NHL games, including his brief appearance in Game 4, but regardless of the Wild’s situation, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville will expect a lot from his team.
“Yesterday’s game is probably the minimal standard we should be looking for,” Quenneville said the day after they earned a 3-0 victory in Game 4.
If Chicago defeats Minnesota then they’ll become just the second Presidents’ Trophy winner in five years to advance past the first round.
May 22, 2015, 9:04 PM EDT
Will we see more goals like that from him before the playoffs are over?
May 22, 2015, 8:08 PM EDT
All three of their teams are still in the running for the Stanley Cup.
May 22, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
San Jose has been linked to several high profile coaches.
May 22, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
He was credited with turning around the Red Wings’ power play.
May 22, 2015, 6:01 PM EDT
Will New York be able to contain Tampa Bay this time around?
May 22, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
“No one wants to back up. Everyone wants to play.”
May 22, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
Not only did the Ducks block 27 shots last night, they clogged up the neutral zone too.
May 22, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Can’t imagine Teuvo Teravainen was, either.
May 22, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Canucks GM witnessed the goalie get a shutout in the AHL playoffs.
May 22, 2015, 1:41 PM EDT
Coach Q: “He’ll need a few days out here. We’ll get an evaluation and go from there.”
May 22, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Son of ex-NHLer Brian is off to Boston University next year.
May 22, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
“It’s been real special, to say the least.”
May 22, 2015, 12:47 PM EDT
The third ‘tender taken at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft had a rough first pro season in North America.
May 22, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Finnish forward joined the organization last year after solid production in the SM-liiga.
May 22, 2015, 12:21 PM EDT
That’s him, with Vladimir Putin.
May 22, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
No word on who’ll draw in as a replacement.
May 22, 2015, 11:40 AM EDT
No word yet if he’ll be able to play right away.
May 22, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
We really need to get these combos better nicknames, though.
May 22, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The Rangers need The King to play like one tonight.
May 22, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
He also reiterates that the salary cap will be about $71M.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 34
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)