May 9, 2013, 8:04 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks were the first team to advance to the second round. Will the Ottawa Senators and Chicago Blackhawks earn their spots tonight?
Please keep in mind that you can watch all these games online in addition to the channels listed below:
Game 5: Montreal Canadiens host Ottawa Senators (7:00 p.m. ET, CNBC)
Ottawa leads series 3-1
Even with all of that, they are still confident going into tonight’s contest.
Game 5: Pittsburgh Penguins host New York Islanders (7:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN)
Series tied at 2-2
Vokoun had an incredible 0.90 GAA and .970 save percentage in four games against the Islanders in four regular season games, so there is reason to be optimistic about this switch. At the same time, the Islanders have faced long odds this entire series and that hasn’t stopped them.
“We’re hoping they’re a little rattled, a little worried about us,” Islanders defenseman Matt Carkner told Newsday, “because we think we have every opportunity to win this series. The more frustrated they get, the better it is for us. I’m sure they’d love to be up 3-1 right now, but that’s hockey.”
Game 5: Chicago Blackhawks host Minnesota Wild (9:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN)
Chicago leads 3-1
Speaking of goaltending, while we know Vokoun will replace Fleury tonight, Minnesota Wild coach Mike Yeo won’t reveal his starter or backup. Niklas Backstrom (lower body) and Josh Harding (leg) are both questionable, so it’s possible that Darcy Kuemper will end up starting.
That would be a lot of pressure for Kuemper, who has played in just seven NHL games, including his brief appearance in Game 4, but regardless of the Wild’s situation, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville will expect a lot from his team.
“Yesterday’s game is probably the minimal standard we should be looking for,” Quenneville said the day after they earned a 3-0 victory in Game 4.
If Chicago defeats Minnesota then they’ll become just the second Presidents’ Trophy winner in five years to advance past the first round.
Feb 26, 2015, 7:39 PM EST
In other news, it appears as though David Krejci is on LTIR.
Feb 26, 2015, 6:32 PM EST
Canucks requested the league take a closer look, but no evidence was found.
Feb 26, 2015, 6:27 PM EST
Feb 26, 2015, 6:18 PM EST
Head coach Joel Quenneville said it’s “all news to me.”
Feb 26, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
A familiar face goes back to the Toronto organization.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:49 PM EST
Buy hey, you never know.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:39 PM EST
Bold move from Florida GM Dale Tallon.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:35 PM EST
Looking forward to playing “a better role.”
Feb 26, 2015, 4:31 PM EST
Joining the likes of Wayne Gretzky, Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Chick Hearn and Oscar De La Hoya.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:06 PM EST
Former “CPR Line” line member is headed back to St. Louis.
Feb 26, 2015, 3:42 PM EST
A lost campaign for the veteran Sharks forward.
Feb 26, 2015, 3:04 PM EST
“People are getting excited for mid-range players.”
Feb 26, 2015, 2:31 PM EST
A couple of tweets are causing a stir in Chicago.
Feb 26, 2015, 2:24 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Feb 26, 2015, 2:02 PM EST
But, his agent says the organization has “respected our position of leaving negotiations until after the season.”
Feb 26, 2015, 1:42 PM EST
“We would love to have him as an Av for a long time.”
Feb 26, 2015, 1:09 PM EST
Willie Desjardins, playing it safe.
Feb 26, 2015, 1:02 PM EST
The two teams meet again, just 48 hours after the incident.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:43 PM EST
Just days after he said he’d report to AHL Norfolk.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:12 PM EST
Has 16 goals and 21 assists this season.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 37
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 75
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (75)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)