May 9, 2013, 9:03 AM EDT
Penguins forward Jarome Iginla has spent plenty of time over his career fighting in vain just to get to the playoffs, so you can forgive him for not getting frustrated just because the eighth seed New York Islanders have managed to match Pittsburgh through four games.
“This is fun, it is,” Iginla told the Penguins’ website. “It’s a best of three, you’ve heard it said a lot. I think you enjoy it. We get ready for a bigger battle than we had last game and I think we just keep the focus there and love that challenge and I know we have a lot of great competitors in there that feel good today, that feel good and are exited to play (tonight) and are looking forward to it.”
The New York Islanders earned a 6-4 victory on Tuesday and have chased Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury from this series. Iginla is quick to credit the Islanders for playing “hard” and “great,” but he still sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
“I mean, they’re playing aggressive and we plan on matching that and finding a way to win this series,” Iginla said. “I think this could be great for us.”
Iginla has been effective in this series with a goal and seven points in four games. He’s second on the Penguins in 2013 playoff points behind Evgeni Malkin.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 24
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)