May 9, 2013, 9:03 AM EST
Penguins forward Jarome Iginla has spent plenty of time over his career fighting in vain just to get to the playoffs, so you can forgive him for not getting frustrated just because the eighth seed New York Islanders have managed to match Pittsburgh through four games.
“This is fun, it is,” Iginla told the Penguins’ website. “It’s a best of three, you’ve heard it said a lot. I think you enjoy it. We get ready for a bigger battle than we had last game and I think we just keep the focus there and love that challenge and I know we have a lot of great competitors in there that feel good today, that feel good and are exited to play (tonight) and are looking forward to it.”
The New York Islanders earned a 6-4 victory on Tuesday and have chased Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury from this series. Iginla is quick to credit the Islanders for playing “hard” and “great,” but he still sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
“I mean, they’re playing aggressive and we plan on matching that and finding a way to win this series,” Iginla said. “I think this could be great for us.”
Iginla has been effective in this series with a goal and seven points in four games. He’s second on the Penguins in 2013 playoff points behind Evgeni Malkin.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)