May 9, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
The Washington Capitals have squandered a 2-0 series lead and the New York Rangers seem to have gained some momentum. After being limited to just one goal in their first two games, New York has beaten goaltender Braden Holtby eight times to even the series.
Still, neither team has won on the road yet, and unless the Rangers can do that, Washington will take this series.
“We’ll go home and play against them with our fans, in our building,” Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin told the media, “so it’s going to be much, I hope, much better for us.”
It’s worth noting that both of these teams were strong at home during the regular season, but mediocre on the road.
Ovechkin was also asked what the Rangers have been doing to limit him to just a goal and an assist in four games.
“I think our line have to play better,” Ovechkin answered.
Going into this series, Ovechkin was on a tear with 22 goals in 21 games.
You can watch Ovechkin’s full postgame press conference below:
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 17
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25