May 9, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
The Washington Capitals have squandered a 2-0 series lead and the New York Rangers seem to have gained some momentum. After being limited to just one goal in their first two games, New York has beaten goaltender Braden Holtby eight times to even the series.
Still, neither team has won on the road yet, and unless the Rangers can do that, Washington will take this series.
“We’ll go home and play against them with our fans, in our building,” Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin told the media, “so it’s going to be much, I hope, much better for us.”
It’s worth noting that both of these teams were strong at home during the regular season, but mediocre on the road.
Ovechkin was also asked what the Rangers have been doing to limit him to just a goal and an assist in four games.
“I think our line have to play better,” Ovechkin answered.
Going into this series, Ovechkin was on a tear with 22 goals in 21 games.
You can watch Ovechkin’s full postgame press conference below:
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)