May 9, 2013, 12:02 AM EST
The Washington Capitals have squandered a 2-0 series lead and the New York Rangers seem to have gained some momentum. After being limited to just one goal in their first two games, New York has beaten goaltender Braden Holtby eight times to even the series.
Still, neither team has won on the road yet, and unless the Rangers can do that, Washington will take this series.
“We’ll go home and play against them with our fans, in our building,” Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin told the media, “so it’s going to be much, I hope, much better for us.”
It’s worth noting that both of these teams were strong at home during the regular season, but mediocre on the road.
Ovechkin was also asked what the Rangers have been doing to limit him to just a goal and an assist in four games.
“I think our line have to play better,” Ovechkin answered.
Going into this series, Ovechkin was on a tear with 22 goals in 21 games.
You can watch Ovechkin’s full postgame press conference below:
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 27
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)