May 9, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings got off to a slow start in these playoffs, but they’re rolling now.
The Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions who fell behind in this opening-round series two-games-to-none, now lead the Blues 3-2 and have put St. Louis on the brink of elimination.
Some things to discuss.
- Perfect opportunity for the 23-year-old Voynov to jump up in the rush and he made good on his opportunity, beating Blues’ goalie Brian Elliott eight minutes into the extra frame.
- Too close to call: all five games in this series have been one-goal games.
- After going three straight games without a goal to begin these playoffs, Jeff Carter has scored three times in the last two games. He underwent a similarly slow start in the 2012 post-season, before rounding into form.
- Jonathan Quick put the blame on himself for the Kings’ first two losses of the series. Well, he solid again in Game 5. Made 34 saves for the win, and kept his team in the game when the Kings were under siege through 60 minutes of regulation.
- Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times reported on Twitter that the Voynov winner was the first overtime playoff goal by a Kings’ defenseman since April 26, 2001, when Jaroslav Modry scored.
Apr 20, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Colorado overcomes some strange officiating late in Game 2.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:56 PM EDT
Colorado’s rookie sensation is inspiring some bold words.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Colorado might want to keep Gabriel Landeskog and Nathan MacKinnon together.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
Special teams factored in.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Apr 19, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
The defenseman last played in the first period.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
He’s clearly not wilting in the postseason spotlight.
Apr 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Columbus has been in the NHL since the 2000-01 season.
Apr 19, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
More magic from Paul Stastny?
Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
Quite a busy 2:26 of ice time.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
“I have to be better.”
Apr 19, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
The Blues coach mostly pleads the fifth.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
His play may wind up costing him a suspension.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh carries a 1-0 series lead into Saturday.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Things changed fast late in the third period.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
His penalty got things going in the wrong direction for Chicago.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Memo to players: wear a cup.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
His goal is the difference in the game through two.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
He’s been out since March 29 with a knee injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
He’s missed three games with an upper-body injury.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 6
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 32
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 107
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115