May 9, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings got off to a slow start in these playoffs, but they’re rolling now.
The Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions who fell behind in this opening-round series two-games-to-none, now lead the Blues 3-2 and have put St. Louis on the brink of elimination.
Some things to discuss.
- Perfect opportunity for the 23-year-old Voynov to jump up in the rush and he made good on his opportunity, beating Blues’ goalie Brian Elliott eight minutes into the extra frame.
- Too close to call: all five games in this series have been one-goal games.
- After going three straight games without a goal to begin these playoffs, Jeff Carter has scored three times in the last two games. He underwent a similarly slow start in the 2012 post-season, before rounding into form.
- Jonathan Quick put the blame on himself for the Kings’ first two losses of the series. Well, he solid again in Game 5. Made 34 saves for the win, and kept his team in the game when the Kings were under siege through 60 minutes of regulation.
- Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times reported on Twitter that the Voynov winner was the first overtime playoff goal by a Kings’ defenseman since April 26, 2001, when Jaroslav Modry scored.
Aug 20, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
It’s not as good to be the worst anymore.
Aug 20, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
No real surprise here.
Aug 20, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
How will he handle the weight of expectation?
Aug 20, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Another dramatic development.
Aug 20, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
“I’m confident in myself and confident I can get back to where I used to be.”
Aug 20, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
He’ll be reunited with former Boston College teammate Chris Kreider in New York.
Aug 20, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
The college star could push to make Philly’s blue line right away.
Aug 20, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
And assigned to a U.S. District Judge in Minnesota.
Aug 20, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
It’s OK Alex, Claude Noel is gone now.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
They hope to improve on their first round loss to the Rangers.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s been a good summer in Dallas.
Aug 19, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Yeah, we don’t get it either.
Aug 19, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
He’s not going out of his way for it, however.
Aug 19, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
You earn a lot of votes winning a Stanley Cup.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
He had a down season and worse playoffs last year.
Aug 19, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Will the Rangers reap the benefits?
Aug 19, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Can the former 15th overall pick establish himself as a full-time NHLer?
Aug 19, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
He was second on the team in goals last season.
Aug 19, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Capology and Corsi gone wild in Toronto.
Aug 19, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
It’s 105 games long and — perhaps most importantly — starts in just 33 days.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 10
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 18
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 21
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 16
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35