May 9, 2013, 12:24 AM EST
The L.A. Kings got off to a slow start in these playoffs, but they’re rolling now.
The Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions who fell behind in this opening-round series two-games-to-none, now lead the Blues 3-2 and have put St. Louis on the brink of elimination.
Some things to discuss.
- Perfect opportunity for the 23-year-old Voynov to jump up in the rush and he made good on his opportunity, beating Blues’ goalie Brian Elliott eight minutes into the extra frame.
- Too close to call: all five games in this series have been one-goal games.
- After going three straight games without a goal to begin these playoffs, Jeff Carter has scored three times in the last two games. He underwent a similarly slow start in the 2012 post-season, before rounding into form.
- Jonathan Quick put the blame on himself for the Kings’ first two losses of the series. Well, he solid again in Game 5. Made 34 saves for the win, and kept his team in the game when the Kings were under siege through 60 minutes of regulation.
- Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times reported on Twitter that the Voynov winner was the first overtime playoff goal by a Kings’ defenseman since April 26, 2001, when Jaroslav Modry scored.
Dec 20, 2014, 12:09 AM EST
They label Jimmy Howard as day-to-day.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
They fell to Winnipeg 2-1 on Friday.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Then again, maybe the Ryan – Zibanejad – Hoffman line was just that good.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
A beauty in regulation and in the shootout.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
Sven Andrighetto is back up while Eric Tangradi heads to the AHL.
Dec 19, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
They’re playing safe for “precautionary” reasons.
Dec 19, 2014, 7:43 PM EST
It’s been 2,599 days since that last happened.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:47 PM EST
Let’s hope it’s just that type of illness …
Dec 19, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
It’s almost starting to feel like he has mutant powers.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:28 PM EST
They recalled Alexander Wennberg and Cody Goloubef.
Dec 19, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
Is under going an MRI today.
Dec 19, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
“As a family, we are thrilled that Dad’s quality of life has greatly improved, and his progress has exceeded our greatest expectations.”
Dec 19, 2014, 4:34 PM EST
Bring on the trade speculation.
Dec 19, 2014, 4:10 PM EST
32-year-old has played in 56 career NHL contests.
Dec 19, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
“Where’s the Tylenol?”
Dec 19, 2014, 3:21 PM EST
Off to the Marlies he goes.
Dec 19, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
Jeff Schultz has been called up from AHL Manchester.
Dec 19, 2014, 2:54 PM EST
“This is a great honor and opportunity for Mirco to represent his country,”
Dec 19, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
That said, might he make sense for the Bruins?
Dec 19, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
Henrik Lundqvist’s No. 2 returns for another year.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35