May 9, 2013, 1:15 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks are on the verge of pushing through to the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.
The Ducks won Game 5 of their Western Conference quarter-final against the Detroit Red Wings and now lead the series three-games-to-two.
- That was Bonino’s third of these playoffs.
- For the first time in this series, the Ducks won in overtime. Bucking the trend.
- Ducks’ forward Daniel Winnik was given a major penalty for boarding in the second period for hitting Red Wings’ forward Daniel Cleary from behind into the end boards. Is further discipline coming? Or needed?
- Both goalies were good right from the outset of this game. Jimmy Howard made 31 saves in the loss. Jonas Hiller made 29 saves. Here’s a look at some of Howard’s work.
- With the Red Wings leading and only 32 seconds remaining in the second period, Ryan Getzlaf showed incredible patience and then wired a perfect wrist shot to tie the game. He’s got three in this post-season.
- Three of the four games played throughout the league on Wednesday went to overtime. Love it.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 8
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 106
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)