May 9, 2013, 1:15 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks are on the verge of pushing through to the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.
The Ducks won Game 5 of their Western Conference quarter-final against the Detroit Red Wings and now lead the series three-games-to-two.
- That was Bonino’s third of these playoffs.
- For the first time in this series, the Ducks won in overtime. Bucking the trend.
- Ducks’ forward Daniel Winnik was given a major penalty for boarding in the second period for hitting Red Wings’ forward Daniel Cleary from behind into the end boards. Is further discipline coming? Or needed?
- Both goalies were good right from the outset of this game. Jimmy Howard made 31 saves in the loss. Jonas Hiller made 29 saves. Here’s a look at some of Howard’s work.
- With the Red Wings leading and only 32 seconds remaining in the second period, Ryan Getzlaf showed incredible patience and then wired a perfect wrist shot to tie the game. He’s got three in this post-season.
- Three of the four games played throughout the league on Wednesday went to overtime. Love it.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)