May 9, 2013, 1:15 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks are on the verge of pushing through to the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.
The Ducks won Game 5 of their Western Conference quarter-final against the Detroit Red Wings and now lead the series three-games-to-two.
- That was Bonino’s third of these playoffs.
- For the first time in this series, the Ducks won in overtime. Bucking the trend.
- Ducks’ forward Daniel Winnik was given a major penalty for boarding in the second period for hitting Red Wings’ forward Daniel Cleary from behind into the end boards. Is further discipline coming? Or needed?
- Both goalies were good right from the outset of this game. Jimmy Howard made 31 saves in the loss. Jonas Hiller made 29 saves. Here’s a look at some of Howard’s work.
- With the Red Wings leading and only 32 seconds remaining in the second period, Ryan Getzlaf showed incredible patience and then wired a perfect wrist shot to tie the game. He’s got three in this post-season.
- Three of the four games played throughout the league on Wednesday went to overtime. Love it.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 0
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 8
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 3
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 13
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 39
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1