May 9, 2013, 1:15 AM EST
The Anaheim Ducks are on the verge of pushing through to the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.
The Ducks won Game 5 of their Western Conference quarter-final against the Detroit Red Wings and now lead the series three-games-to-two.
- That was Bonino’s third of these playoffs.
- For the first time in this series, the Ducks won in overtime. Bucking the trend.
- Ducks’ forward Daniel Winnik was given a major penalty for boarding in the second period for hitting Red Wings’ forward Daniel Cleary from behind into the end boards. Is further discipline coming? Or needed?
- Both goalies were good right from the outset of this game. Jimmy Howard made 31 saves in the loss. Jonas Hiller made 29 saves. Here’s a look at some of Howard’s work.
- With the Red Wings leading and only 32 seconds remaining in the second period, Ryan Getzlaf showed incredible patience and then wired a perfect wrist shot to tie the game. He’s got three in this post-season.
- Three of the four games played throughout the league on Wednesday went to overtime. Love it.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)