May 9, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
Bruins coach Claude Julien captured Wednesday’s scene quite well. While the team was elated that David Krejci scored the overtime winner in Game 5, there was plenty of concern over the hit that opened the door for that tally.
“That winning goal, that was one of those where you’ve got one eye looking at that outnumbered situation, your other eye looking at if your other guy is going to be getting up,” Julien said. “So it’s a little bit of both. But when that goal was scored, the first thing I did was look if Nathan was still on the ice or if he was up. He’s fine. It was a bit of a body blow from an aggressive forecheck on Phaneuf’s part, and it ended playing in our favor.”
When you consider the concussion history for Horton, 27, the worry was that a big win also came with a big loss. Unless the team’s covering up an issue, it appears they dodged that bullet.
Check out the hit, which happens in the opening moments of Krejci’s winner:
Related: Phaneuf takes blame for goal.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)