May 9, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
Bruins coach Claude Julien captured Wednesday’s scene quite well. While the team was elated that David Krejci scored the overtime winner in Game 5, there was plenty of concern over the hit that opened the door for that tally.
“That winning goal, that was one of those where you’ve got one eye looking at that outnumbered situation, your other eye looking at if your other guy is going to be getting up,” Julien said. “So it’s a little bit of both. But when that goal was scored, the first thing I did was look if Nathan was still on the ice or if he was up. He’s fine. It was a bit of a body blow from an aggressive forecheck on Phaneuf’s part, and it ended playing in our favor.”
When you consider the concussion history for Horton, 27, the worry was that a big win also came with a big loss. Unless the team’s covering up an issue, it appears they dodged that bullet.
Check out the hit, which happens in the opening moments of Krejci’s winner:
Related: Phaneuf takes blame for goal.
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 21
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)