May 9, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
Bruins coach Claude Julien captured Wednesday’s scene quite well. While the team was elated that David Krejci scored the overtime winner in Game 5, there was plenty of concern over the hit that opened the door for that tally.
“That winning goal, that was one of those where you’ve got one eye looking at that outnumbered situation, your other eye looking at if your other guy is going to be getting up,” Julien said. “So it’s a little bit of both. But when that goal was scored, the first thing I did was look if Nathan was still on the ice or if he was up. He’s fine. It was a bit of a body blow from an aggressive forecheck on Phaneuf’s part, and it ended playing in our favor.”
When you consider the concussion history for Horton, 27, the worry was that a big win also came with a big loss. Unless the team’s covering up an issue, it appears they dodged that bullet.
Check out the hit, which happens in the opening moments of Krejci’s winner:
Related: Phaneuf takes blame for goal.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)