May 9, 2013, 6:26 PM EST
Bruins coach Claude Julien captured Wednesday’s scene quite well. While the team was elated that David Krejci scored the overtime winner in Game 5, there was plenty of concern over the hit that opened the door for that tally.
“That winning goal, that was one of those where you’ve got one eye looking at that outnumbered situation, your other eye looking at if your other guy is going to be getting up,” Julien said. “So it’s a little bit of both. But when that goal was scored, the first thing I did was look if Nathan was still on the ice or if he was up. He’s fine. It was a bit of a body blow from an aggressive forecheck on Phaneuf’s part, and it ended playing in our favor.”
When you consider the concussion history for Horton, 27, the worry was that a big win also came with a big loss. Unless the team’s covering up an issue, it appears they dodged that bullet.
Check out the hit, which happens in the opening moments of Krejci’s winner:
Related: Phaneuf takes blame for goal.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)