May 9, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Dan Cleary is still feeling the pain from a bad boarding incident on Wednesday, but will be ready to go on Friday when Detroit faces elimination for the first time this postseason.
“I’m sore,” Cleary told the Detroit Free Press. “My whole left side was sore — shoulder, hand, ribs, neck, head.”
Cleary was shook up on this hit from Anaheim’s Daniel Winnik during a 3-2 OT loss in Game 5:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Winnik received a five-minute boarding major on the play.
Cleary left the contest and missed the remainder of the second period, but returned to play 5:32 in the third frame (and one 37-second shift in overtime).
As mentioned above, the 34-year-old winger has already declared himself good to go for Friday’s Game 6 in Detroit.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)