May 9, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Dan Cleary is still feeling the pain from a bad boarding incident on Wednesday, but will be ready to go on Friday when Detroit faces elimination for the first time this postseason.
“I’m sore,” Cleary told the Detroit Free Press. “My whole left side was sore — shoulder, hand, ribs, neck, head.”
Cleary was shook up on this hit from Anaheim’s Daniel Winnik during a 3-2 OT loss in Game 5:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Winnik received a five-minute boarding major on the play.
Cleary left the contest and missed the remainder of the second period, but returned to play 5:32 in the third frame (and one 37-second shift in overtime).
As mentioned above, the 34-year-old winger has already declared himself good to go for Friday’s Game 6 in Detroit.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)