May 9, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Dan Cleary is still feeling the pain from a bad boarding incident on Wednesday, but will be ready to go on Friday when Detroit faces elimination for the first time this postseason.
“I’m sore,” Cleary told the Detroit Free Press. “My whole left side was sore — shoulder, hand, ribs, neck, head.”
Cleary was shook up on this hit from Anaheim’s Daniel Winnik during a 3-2 OT loss in Game 5:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Winnik received a five-minute boarding major on the play.
Cleary left the contest and missed the remainder of the second period, but returned to play 5:32 in the third frame (and one 37-second shift in overtime).
As mentioned above, the 34-year-old winger has already declared himself good to go for Friday’s Game 6 in Detroit.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5