May 9, 2013, 3:57 PM EST
Red Wings forward Dan Cleary is still feeling the pain from a bad boarding incident on Wednesday, but will be ready to go on Friday when Detroit faces elimination for the first time this postseason.
“I’m sore,” Cleary told the Detroit Free Press. “My whole left side was sore — shoulder, hand, ribs, neck, head.”
Cleary was shook up on this hit from Anaheim’s Daniel Winnik during a 3-2 OT loss in Game 5:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Winnik received a five-minute boarding major on the play.
Cleary left the contest and missed the remainder of the second period, but returned to play 5:32 in the third frame (and one 37-second shift in overtime).
As mentioned above, the 34-year-old winger has already declared himself good to go for Friday’s Game 6 in Detroit.
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 0
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 1
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 45
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (45)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)