May 9, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
Capitals forward Brooks Laich wants to clear something up — he didn’t have sports-hernia surgery in April, as has been reported. He only had a “small procedure that was groin-related,” per Washington reporter Adam Vingan.
Whatever Laich had, there’s still no timeline for his return, and it’s reportedly unlikely he’ll be ready to go before the end of the first round.
But if Washington can get past New York, the 29-year-old may be back in action.
Injuries limited Laich to just nine games (1 goal, 3 assists) during the regular season.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14