May 9, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
Not long after telling Philadelphia reporters what he thought of them face-to-face, Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov shared some more thoughts on the media that covers him on a daily basis in the NHL.
Via Puck Daddy, Bryzgalov told SovSport’s Pavel Lysenkov and KHL.RU’s Alexander Shevchenko that there’s no point worrying about what’s written and said about him, since the media “need to have a goalie who is at fault for everything. It has always been like this and it will always be like this.”
Bryzgalov also suggested reporters shouldn’t care that he makes a lot of money, even if those reporters think his play has been sub-par.
“They, journalists, are not the ones who should be worried when the price doesn’t reflect the quality,” he said. “The management should be worried about that, and not journalists. They are not the ones paying me out of their pocket.”
Then he said some stuff about space.
PS — Bryzgalov knows there’s a salary cap, right? And that his salary affects what moves management can make? Which is why reporters write about how much he makes?
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)