May 9, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
Not long after telling Philadelphia reporters what he thought of them face-to-face, Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov shared some more thoughts on the media that covers him on a daily basis in the NHL.
Via Puck Daddy, Bryzgalov told SovSport’s Pavel Lysenkov and KHL.RU’s Alexander Shevchenko that there’s no point worrying about what’s written and said about him, since the media “need to have a goalie who is at fault for everything. It has always been like this and it will always be like this.”
Bryzgalov also suggested reporters shouldn’t care that he makes a lot of money, even if those reporters think his play has been sub-par.
“They, journalists, are not the ones who should be worried when the price doesn’t reflect the quality,” he said. “The management should be worried about that, and not journalists. They are not the ones paying me out of their pocket.”
Then he said some stuff about space.
PS — Bryzgalov knows there’s a salary cap, right? And that his salary affects what moves management can make? Which is why reporters write about how much he makes?
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)