May 9, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
Not long after telling Philadelphia reporters what he thought of them face-to-face, Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov shared some more thoughts on the media that covers him on a daily basis in the NHL.
Via Puck Daddy, Bryzgalov told SovSport’s Pavel Lysenkov and KHL.RU’s Alexander Shevchenko that there’s no point worrying about what’s written and said about him, since the media “need to have a goalie who is at fault for everything. It has always been like this and it will always be like this.”
Bryzgalov also suggested reporters shouldn’t care that he makes a lot of money, even if those reporters think his play has been sub-par.
“They, journalists, are not the ones who should be worried when the price doesn’t reflect the quality,” he said. “The management should be worried about that, and not journalists. They are not the ones paying me out of their pocket.”
Then he said some stuff about space.
PS — Bryzgalov knows there’s a salary cap, right? And that his salary affects what moves management can make? Which is why reporters write about how much he makes?
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 42
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (42)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)