May 9, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
Not long after telling Philadelphia reporters what he thought of them face-to-face, Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov shared some more thoughts on the media that covers him on a daily basis in the NHL.
Via Puck Daddy, Bryzgalov told SovSport’s Pavel Lysenkov and KHL.RU’s Alexander Shevchenko that there’s no point worrying about what’s written and said about him, since the media “need to have a goalie who is at fault for everything. It has always been like this and it will always be like this.”
Bryzgalov also suggested reporters shouldn’t care that he makes a lot of money, even if those reporters think his play has been sub-par.
“They, journalists, are not the ones who should be worried when the price doesn’t reflect the quality,” he said. “The management should be worried about that, and not journalists. They are not the ones paying me out of their pocket.”
Then he said some stuff about space.
PS — Bryzgalov knows there’s a salary cap, right? And that his salary affects what moves management can make? Which is why reporters write about how much he makes?
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 49
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (53)