May 9, 2013, 1:34 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues once held a 2-0 series lead over the L.A. Kings, but there has been a drastic turn of events.
The Blues, following a 3-2 overtime loss to the Kings in Game 5, are now one loss away from being eliminated in the first round of these Stanley Cup playoffs.
Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock delivered an impassioned post-game talk to the media about his team’s performance and the reality of having to go on the road into L.A. for what is now a must-win Game 6.
His comments were relayed onto Twitter by St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter Jeremy Rutherford, who covers the Blues.
“It was our best effort, collectively, it was our best effort of the year. We played a hell of a hockey game,” said Hitchcock.
“If we play like that, I like our chances. If that’s the effort and that’s the all-in attitude we have, I really like our chances.
“We got a heck of an effort from everybody across the board. We had no passengers today. We had an all-in mentality.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)