May 8, 2013, 7:52 PM EST
If Minnesota Wild coach Mike Yeo knows, he’s not telling, according to an ESPN report.
“We like to keep the other team guessing, so we’re not only going to not tell them who are starting goaltender is, we’re not going to tell them who our backup goaltender is either,” said Yeo. “Really leave them in the dark.”
Minnesota can certainly use any edge they can get, given that Chicago has a commanding 3-1 series lead.
Backstrom hasn’t been able to play in this series after sustaining an injury while warming up before the start of Game 1. Harding has started in every game of this series, but left Tuesday’s contest during the first period.
23-year-old Kuemper, who had just 288 minutes worth of NHL experience going into that game, replaced him. He stopped 16 of 18 shots in a 3-0 loss to the Blackhawks.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35