May 8, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT
If Minnesota Wild coach Mike Yeo knows, he’s not telling, according to an ESPN report.
“We like to keep the other team guessing, so we’re not only going to not tell them who are starting goaltender is, we’re not going to tell them who our backup goaltender is either,” said Yeo. “Really leave them in the dark.”
Minnesota can certainly use any edge they can get, given that Chicago has a commanding 3-1 series lead.
Backstrom hasn’t been able to play in this series after sustaining an injury while warming up before the start of Game 1. Harding has started in every game of this series, but left Tuesday’s contest during the first period.
23-year-old Kuemper, who had just 288 minutes worth of NHL experience going into that game, replaced him. He stopped 16 of 18 shots in a 3-0 loss to the Blackhawks.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 2
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 12
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)