May 8, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT
If Minnesota Wild coach Mike Yeo knows, he’s not telling, according to an ESPN report.
“We like to keep the other team guessing, so we’re not only going to not tell them who are starting goaltender is, we’re not going to tell them who our backup goaltender is either,” said Yeo. “Really leave them in the dark.”
Minnesota can certainly use any edge they can get, given that Chicago has a commanding 3-1 series lead.
Backstrom hasn’t been able to play in this series after sustaining an injury while warming up before the start of Game 1. Harding has started in every game of this series, but left Tuesday’s contest during the first period.
23-year-old Kuemper, who had just 288 minutes worth of NHL experience going into that game, replaced him. He stopped 16 of 18 shots in a 3-0 loss to the Blackhawks.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)