May 8, 2013, 7:52 PM EST
If Minnesota Wild coach Mike Yeo knows, he’s not telling, according to an ESPN report.
“We like to keep the other team guessing, so we’re not only going to not tell them who are starting goaltender is, we’re not going to tell them who our backup goaltender is either,” said Yeo. “Really leave them in the dark.”
Minnesota can certainly use any edge they can get, given that Chicago has a commanding 3-1 series lead.
Backstrom hasn’t been able to play in this series after sustaining an injury while warming up before the start of Game 1. Harding has started in every game of this series, but left Tuesday’s contest during the first period.
23-year-old Kuemper, who had just 288 minutes worth of NHL experience going into that game, replaced him. He stopped 16 of 18 shots in a 3-0 loss to the Blackhawks.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)