May 8, 2013, 7:52 PM EST
If Minnesota Wild coach Mike Yeo knows, he’s not telling, according to an ESPN report.
“We like to keep the other team guessing, so we’re not only going to not tell them who are starting goaltender is, we’re not going to tell them who our backup goaltender is either,” said Yeo. “Really leave them in the dark.”
Minnesota can certainly use any edge they can get, given that Chicago has a commanding 3-1 series lead.
Backstrom hasn’t been able to play in this series after sustaining an injury while warming up before the start of Game 1. Harding has started in every game of this series, but left Tuesday’s contest during the first period.
23-year-old Kuemper, who had just 288 minutes worth of NHL experience going into that game, replaced him. He stopped 16 of 18 shots in a 3-0 loss to the Blackhawks.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 50
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)