May 8, 2013, 10:54 PM EST
Fraser immediately fell to the ice and left a pool of blood behind when he finally skated off.
You can watch the incident below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Fortunately, the initial reports were encouraging. Fraser was able to walk out of the Maple Leafs’ room, albeit with bandages on his head. He left the Air Canada Centre, presumably for a clinic or hospital, according to the Toronto Sun’s Lance Hornby.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5