May 8, 2013, 10:54 PM EST
Fraser immediately fell to the ice and left a pool of blood behind when he finally skated off.
You can watch the incident below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Fortunately, the initial reports were encouraging. Fraser was able to walk out of the Maple Leafs’ room, albeit with bandages on his head. He left the Air Canada Centre, presumably for a clinic or hospital, according to the Toronto Sun’s Lance Hornby.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 0
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 20
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 20
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 129
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (108)