May 8, 2013, 9:37 PM EST
The results were devastating, with all three players collapsing in near unison and Erat sliding into the net. It looks like Erat got the worst of it, as the Capitals have announced that he has an upper body injury.
Erat and Ovechkin were both penalized for their actions, killing a Washington power play in the process. The Rangers did not score during the two men advantage.
You can watch the play below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23