May 8, 2013, 2:31 AM EDT
San Jose’s 4-3 Game 4 overtime victory didn’t come without controversy.
At 13:03 of overtime, Canucks forward Daniel Sedin was sent to the box for boarding Sharks forward Tommy Wingels. The problem here, however, is the play didn’t look like much of a penalty at all. A mere 15 seconds later, Patrick Marleau was putting a rebound past Cory Schneider and into the net sending the Sharks to the second round and the Canucks home for the summer.
Penalty or not? Have a look for yourself.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
After the game, referee Kelly Sutherland told TSN’s Farhan Lalji he deemed Sedin’s play a violent shove into the boards in which the player (Wingels) couldn’t defend himself.
The call didn’t cost Vancouver the series, but it certainly cost them the game and a chance to stay alive a little longer.
Jul 6, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
Russian forward is coming off a solid rookie campaign.
Jul 6, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
It’s now a crowded crease in Edmonton.
Jul 6, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT
For the third straight year.
Jul 6, 2015, 4:29 PM EDT
That’s him in the blue shirt, standing next to ex-NHL goalie Dan Cloutier… who is 6’1.
Jul 6, 2015, 3:13 PM EDT
Spent last year with Colorado’s AHL affiliate.
Jul 6, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Click for all the cap hits.
Jul 6, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
His Kelowna Rockets went to the 2015 Memorial Cup.
Jul 6, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
“You basically say, ‘I have no idea what’s going on, but it’s a great place to play and we have great fans and a great stadium.'”
Jul 6, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
Played 59 games for the Sabres last season.
Jul 6, 2015, 11:23 AM EDT
“He gets to come in and have a heck of a year and put the screws to us.”
Jul 6, 2015, 10:52 AM EDT
They have the arena, but not the potential owner.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Finished with a career-high 18 goals last season in Vancouver.
Jul 6, 2015, 9:58 AM EDT
Can become an unrestricted free agent next summer.
Jul 6, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The 23-year-old could be in line for a significant raise.
Jul 6, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
Jul 5, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
He struggled in his first year pro split between the AHL and ECHL.
Jul 5, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
He was bought out by Carolina last week.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
He’ll make $650,000 at the NHL level and $250,000 in the AHL.
Jul 5, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Hearings will take place in Toronto from July 20 to August 4
Jul 5, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
It’s reportedly a two-way contract worth $600,000.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)