May 8, 2013, 11:20 AM EST
All these outdoor hockey games have given the Dallas Stars an idea — what about Cowboys Stadium?
Per the Star-Telegram, Stars president Jim Lites said Tuesday that the 85,000-seat football stadium with the retractable roof — which has also hosted an NBA All-Star Game, a Manny Pacquiao fight, concerts, and more — is very much on the club’s radar.
“We could do it at the Cotton Bowl, but Cowboys Stadium makes more sense because of the cachet of the building,” Lites said. “You would do it in January or February, and open the roof. You can turn down the temperature of the ice to zero degrees.
“What we have at the time of year is not really a temperature issue, but it’s the rain. It’s seldom humid at that time of year, but it does rain.”
It wouldn’t happen next year though, said Lites. Maybe the year after.
There are already six outdoor games planned for 2014 (though only three of them have been formally announced.)
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)