May 8, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT
All these outdoor hockey games have given the Dallas Stars an idea — what about Cowboys Stadium?
Per the Star-Telegram, Stars president Jim Lites said Tuesday that the 85,000-seat football stadium with the retractable roof — which has also hosted an NBA All-Star Game, a Manny Pacquiao fight, concerts, and more — is very much on the club’s radar.
“We could do it at the Cotton Bowl, but Cowboys Stadium makes more sense because of the cachet of the building,” Lites said. “You would do it in January or February, and open the roof. You can turn down the temperature of the ice to zero degrees.
“What we have at the time of year is not really a temperature issue, but it’s the rain. It’s seldom humid at that time of year, but it does rain.”
It wouldn’t happen next year though, said Lites. Maybe the year after.
There are already six outdoor games planned for 2014 (though only three of them have been formally announced.)
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22