May 8, 2013, 11:22 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs are down 3-1 in their first-round series against the Boston Bruins after David Krejci scored the deciding goal tonight after 13:06 minutes of overtime.
Krejci deserves a lot of credit for his efforts in this game, but the play started when Toronto’s Dion Phaneuf attempted to level Nathan Horton in the Leafs’ zone, but largely appeared to hit Horton’s stick instead. Phaneuf temporarily lost his balance and disrupted his own teammates’ ability to follow the play as he tried to remain upright.
That allowed Krejci to drive all the way to Maple Leafs goaltender James Reimer without major resistance.
You can watch the play below:
“It’s a bad mistake, and a bad time to make it,” Phaneuf admitted, according to Sportsnet’s John Shannon. “I take responsibility for it. And it’s unacceptable.”
Phaneuf led the Maple Leafs in playing time (31:14 minutes), hits (10), and blocked shots (six). He also finished with a minus-two rating.
Dec 19, 2014, 8:02 AM EST
The picture is of former referee Don Van Massenhoven, who will serve as the event’s recorder.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:33 AM EST
These things happen.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
But they did score more than two goals in a game for first time since Nov. 28.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:35 AM EST
Because everyone likes a snack before they line up for a faceoff, right?
Dec 19, 2014, 12:31 AM EST
Last shift came early in the second period.
Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit
Dec 18, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
Montreal lost this game, as well.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:29 PM EST
This was a back-and-forth contest.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:52 PM EST
And Roberto Luongo’s victory ties him for 12th on the all-time list.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
Dec 18, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Left the game after the first period.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:26 PM EST
Has played five games since his return.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:51 PM EST
Dec 18, 2014, 7:44 PM EST
These two have a bit of a history.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
He’ll be in the lineup when Pittsburgh takes on the Avs at home.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
When Colorado takes on the Penguins at Consol.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
Journeyman tough guy is back playing in North America.
Dec 18, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
So says Sharks coach Todd McLellan, who witnessed James Neal’s cannonball on Saturday.
Dec 18, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
The Kings have lost five of their last six.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:12 PM EST
For a sixth-round pick.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:58 PM EST
“This is our adversity,” says Paul Maurice.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 11
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11