May 8, 2013, 7:24 PM EST
Defenseman Marc Staal returned for Game 3 of the New York Rangers’ first-round series against the Washington Capitals on Monday after missing roughly two months due to a scary eye injury.
The Rangers have moved him back on the sidelines though after he logged 17:17 minutes in his return. He wasn’t statistically noteworthy in the Rangers’ 4-3 victory, but he did have an impact in that contest.
It’s not clear why Staal isn’t playing, but he did admit on Monday that his “eye was kind of acting up” last week, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)