May 8, 2013, 7:24 PM EST
Defenseman Marc Staal returned for Game 3 of the New York Rangers’ first-round series against the Washington Capitals on Monday after missing roughly two months due to a scary eye injury.
The Rangers have moved him back on the sidelines though after he logged 17:17 minutes in his return. He wasn’t statistically noteworthy in the Rangers’ 4-3 victory, but he did have an impact in that contest.
It’s not clear why Staal isn’t playing, but he did admit on Monday that his “eye was kind of acting up” last week, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 35
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)