May 8, 2013, 12:33 PM EST
Laich will not play tonight in Game 4 of the Caps’ series with the Rangers, and it’s reportedly unlikely he’ll be ready to go before the end of the first round.
But if Washington can get past New York, the 29-year-old may be back in action.
Injuries limited Laich to just nine games (1 goal, 3 assists) during the regular season.
Brooks Laich just wiped out hard into the boards while doing some stick handling. He's fine. And his teammates enjoyed the hell out of it—
Brian McNally (@bmcnally14) May 08, 2013
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 0
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)