May 8, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
Laich will not play tonight in Game 4 of the Caps’ series with the Rangers, and it’s reportedly unlikely he’ll be ready to go before the end of the first round.
But if Washington can get past New York, the 29-year-old may be back in action.
Injuries limited Laich to just nine games (1 goal, 3 assists) during the regular season.
Brooks Laich just wiped out hard into the boards while doing some stick handling. He's fine. And his teammates enjoyed the hell out of it—
Brian McNally (@bmcnally14) May 08, 2013
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 13
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)