May 8, 2013, 12:33 PM EST
Laich will not play tonight in Game 4 of the Caps’ series with the Rangers, and it’s reportedly unlikely he’ll be ready to go before the end of the first round.
But if Washington can get past New York, the 29-year-old may be back in action.
Injuries limited Laich to just nine games (1 goal, 3 assists) during the regular season.
Brooks Laich just wiped out hard into the boards while doing some stick handling. He's fine. And his teammates enjoyed the hell out of it—
Brian McNally (@bmcnally14) May 08, 2013
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime 0
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 10
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 7
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 13
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 11
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 35
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 23
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 46
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 34
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)