May 8, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
It seems like almost every time Mark Scheifele touches the puck in the Ontario Hockey League playoffs, the result is a goal.
On Wednesday, Scheifele propelled the Barrie Colts to a 6-4 victory over the London Knights in Game 4 of the OHL final by scoring four times in the third period. He also had an assist in the first period.
The feat comes on the heels of another five-point night he posted Monday in a Game 3 victory over the Knights.
This is good news for fans of the Winnipeg Jets.
A first-round, seventh overall, pick of the Jets in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, is way out in front of the scoring race in the OHL playoffs.
He’s scored 15 goals and has 39 points in 19 games for Barrie this post-season. The Colts are now one win away from winning the OHL title and punching their ticket to the MasterCard Memorial Cup.
The 20-year-old center has spent time with the Jets in each of the last two NHL seasons.
In 11 career NHL games, Scheifele has one goal.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)