May 8, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
It seems like almost every time Mark Scheifele touches the puck in the Ontario Hockey League playoffs, the result is a goal.
On Wednesday, Scheifele propelled the Barrie Colts to a 6-4 victory over the London Knights in Game 4 of the OHL final by scoring four times in the third period. He also had an assist in the first period.
The feat comes on the heels of another five-point night he posted Monday in a Game 3 victory over the Knights.
This is good news for fans of the Winnipeg Jets.
A first-round, seventh overall, pick of the Jets in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, is way out in front of the scoring race in the OHL playoffs.
He’s scored 15 goals and has 39 points in 19 games for Barrie this post-season. The Colts are now one win away from winning the OHL title and punching their ticket to the MasterCard Memorial Cup.
The 20-year-old center has spent time with the Jets in each of the last two NHL seasons.
In 11 career NHL games, Scheifele has one goal.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 3
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39