May 8, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
It seems like almost every time Mark Scheifele touches the puck in the Ontario Hockey League playoffs, the result is a goal.
On Wednesday, Scheifele propelled the Barrie Colts to a 6-4 victory over the London Knights in Game 4 of the OHL final by scoring four times in the third period. He also had an assist in the first period.
The feat comes on the heels of another five-point night he posted Monday in a Game 3 victory over the Knights.
This is good news for fans of the Winnipeg Jets.
A first-round, seventh overall, pick of the Jets in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, is way out in front of the scoring race in the OHL playoffs.
He’s scored 15 goals and has 39 points in 19 games for Barrie this post-season. The Colts are now one win away from winning the OHL title and punching their ticket to the MasterCard Memorial Cup.
The 20-year-old center has spent time with the Jets in each of the last two NHL seasons.
In 11 career NHL games, Scheifele has one goal.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 12
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 49
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)