May 8, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
It seems like almost every time Mark Scheifele touches the puck in the Ontario Hockey League playoffs, the result is a goal.
On Wednesday, Scheifele propelled the Barrie Colts to a 6-4 victory over the London Knights in Game 4 of the OHL final by scoring four times in the third period. He also had an assist in the first period.
The feat comes on the heels of another five-point night he posted Monday in a Game 3 victory over the Knights.
This is good news for fans of the Winnipeg Jets.
A first-round, seventh overall, pick of the Jets in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, is way out in front of the scoring race in the OHL playoffs.
He’s scored 15 goals and has 39 points in 19 games for Barrie this post-season. The Colts are now one win away from winning the OHL title and punching their ticket to the MasterCard Memorial Cup.
The 20-year-old center has spent time with the Jets in each of the last two NHL seasons.
In 11 career NHL games, Scheifele has one goal.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)