May 8, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
It seems like almost every time Mark Scheifele touches the puck in the Ontario Hockey League playoffs, the result is a goal.
On Wednesday, Scheifele propelled the Barrie Colts to a 6-4 victory over the London Knights in Game 4 of the OHL final by scoring four times in the third period. He also had an assist in the first period.
The feat comes on the heels of another five-point night he posted Monday in a Game 3 victory over the Knights.
This is good news for fans of the Winnipeg Jets.
A first-round, seventh overall, pick of the Jets in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, is way out in front of the scoring race in the OHL playoffs.
He’s scored 15 goals and has 39 points in 19 games for Barrie this post-season. The Colts are now one win away from winning the OHL title and punching their ticket to the MasterCard Memorial Cup.
The 20-year-old center has spent time with the Jets in each of the last two NHL seasons.
In 11 career NHL games, Scheifele has one goal.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34