May 8, 2013, 5:46 PM EST
PK Subban isn’t lacking confidence.
Down 3-1 to Ottawa in the Eastern Conference quarterfinals following a stunning 3-2 OT loss on Tuesday, the Montreal defenseman is anxious to get back out for Game 5 — and beat a Sens team he thinks Montreal is better than.
“We can sit and talk about [Game 4] all we want, but it’s over with,” he told reporters on Wednesday. “Quite frankly, I want to beat these guys. We have another opportunity tomorrow to play, and we can beat these guys.
The Canadiens feel that, despite trailing in games, this series is closer than it appears. They’ve been besieged by injury (Lars Eller, Brian Gionta, Carey Price, Ryan White, Brandon Prust) and lost Game 1 despite out-shooting Ottawa 50 to 31.
After bouncing back with a win in Game 2, they were throttled 6-1 in Game 3, but rebounded to build up a 2-0 lead in Game 4 — then watch it evaporate in the final 8:05.
Game 5 goes on Thursday at the Bell Centre, which should be raucous.
“We’ve got to turn the page and get ready for tomorrow,” Subban explained. “Like I said, we’re a better team. And I think we know that in this dressing room.”
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 4
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 65
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 134
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (134)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (116)