May 8, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
This was a game that saw some dramatic shifts in momentum. The Rangers took a two-goal lead, only to cough it up and then later regain it. Washington attempted one more comeback, but ultimately fell short in a 4-3 loss.
The Capitals have squandered their 2-0 series lead as it’s all even going into Game 5 on Friday.
Here are the talking points:
- Rangers forward Rick Nash has been struggling in his second career playoff series. He has one assist and a minus-one rating in four games.
- The Washington Capitals lost Martin Erat early in this one after a dangerous three-player collision
- The New York Rangers absolutely dominated on the draw with an 64% faceoff success rate.
- Rangers forward Ryane Clowe returned from a suspected concussion tonight and ended up with an assist and four hits in 12:19 minutes of ice time.
- Five different players scored their first goal of the series tonight. Overall, 16 different players have scored a combined 19 goals in this series, so clearly neither team has a single player or line that’s been leading the offensive charge.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)