May 8, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
This was a game that saw some dramatic shifts in momentum. The Rangers took a two-goal lead, only to cough it up and then later regain it. Washington attempted one more comeback, but ultimately fell short in a 4-3 loss.
The Capitals have squandered their 2-0 series lead as it’s all even going into Game 5 on Friday.
Here are the talking points:
- Rangers forward Rick Nash has been struggling in his second career playoff series. He has one assist and a minus-one rating in four games.
- The Washington Capitals lost Martin Erat early in this one after a dangerous three-player collision
- The New York Rangers absolutely dominated on the draw with an 64% faceoff success rate.
- Rangers forward Ryane Clowe returned from a suspected concussion tonight and ended up with an assist and four hits in 12:19 minutes of ice time.
- Five different players scored their first goal of the series tonight. Overall, 16 different players have scored a combined 19 goals in this series, so clearly neither team has a single player or line that’s been leading the offensive charge.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)