May 8, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
David Krejci has been just incredible in the first round, but this was his best game yet. He led the Bruins with a hat trick, including the overtime winner in Boston’s 4-3 victory against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Krejci now has five goals and 10 points in four games as the Bruins lead this series 3-1.
Here are some things to consider:
- The Toronto Maple Leafs had a 2-0 lead going into the first intermission despite being outshot 15-8 in that period. Toronto outshot Boston 40-30 for the remainder of the contest, but the Bruins still bounced back.
- Both teams got power-play opportunities in this game, but only the Boston Bruins were able to take advantage of those chances. That’s a reverse of what it’s been like for most of this series.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have been leaning heavily on center Tyler Bozak on the draw. That’s despite the fact that Bozak hasn’t been particularly successful when it comes to winning faceoffs in this series. He won half of his faceoffs tonight and 43.2% of them over the first three contests.
- Forward Patrice Bergeron ended his seven-game pointless slump dating back to the regular season with the Boston Bruins’ first goal in this contest.
- Defenseman Zdeno Chara assisted on all four of the Bruins’ goals and logged a team-high 33:03 minutes of playing time.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 1
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)