May 8, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
David Krejci has been just incredible in the first round, but this was his best game yet. He led the Bruins with a hat trick, including the overtime winner in Boston’s 4-3 victory against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Krejci now has five goals and 10 points in four games as the Bruins lead this series 3-1.
Here are some things to consider:
- The Toronto Maple Leafs had a 2-0 lead going into the first intermission despite being outshot 15-8 in that period. Toronto outshot Boston 40-30 for the remainder of the contest, but the Bruins still bounced back.
- Both teams got power-play opportunities in this game, but only the Boston Bruins were able to take advantage of those chances. That’s a reverse of what it’s been like for most of this series.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have been leaning heavily on center Tyler Bozak on the draw. That’s despite the fact that Bozak hasn’t been particularly successful when it comes to winning faceoffs in this series. He won half of his faceoffs tonight and 43.2% of them over the first three contests.
- Forward Patrice Bergeron ended his seven-game pointless slump dating back to the regular season with the Boston Bruins’ first goal in this contest.
- Defenseman Zdeno Chara assisted on all four of the Bruins’ goals and logged a team-high 33:03 minutes of playing time.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)