May 8, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
David Krejci has been just incredible in the first round, but this was his best game yet. He led the Bruins with a hat trick, including the overtime winner in Boston’s 4-3 victory against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Krejci now has five goals and 10 points in four games as the Bruins lead this series 3-1.
Here are some things to consider:
- The Toronto Maple Leafs had a 2-0 lead going into the first intermission despite being outshot 15-8 in that period. Toronto outshot Boston 40-30 for the remainder of the contest, but the Bruins still bounced back.
- Both teams got power-play opportunities in this game, but only the Boston Bruins were able to take advantage of those chances. That’s a reverse of what it’s been like for most of this series.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have been leaning heavily on center Tyler Bozak on the draw. That’s despite the fact that Bozak hasn’t been particularly successful when it comes to winning faceoffs in this series. He won half of his faceoffs tonight and 43.2% of them over the first three contests.
- Forward Patrice Bergeron ended his seven-game pointless slump dating back to the regular season with the Boston Bruins’ first goal in this contest.
- Defenseman Zdeno Chara assisted on all four of the Bruins’ goals and logged a team-high 33:03 minutes of playing time.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (80)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)