May 8, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
It’s getting to be a bit of a broken record for the Minnesota Wild. Another playoff loss to Chicago, this one a disappointing 3-0 decision, and another game that sees them lose their starting goalie while their offense goes AWOL.
This time around Patrick Sharp scored twice while Brandon Bollig added a final tally in the third to lead the offense. Corey Crawford had a ho-hum night making 25 saves to earn the shutout. Wild backup netminder Darcy Kuemper made 15 saves on 17 shots in 40 minutes of relief work for the injured Josh Harding. Meanwhile, Harding stopped five out of six shots he saw before hurting his leg in a pileup with Jonathan Toews.
Chicago now heads home with a 3-1 series lead against a team with some major headaches in goal and little to no offense to speak of. Life seems pretty good for the Presidents’ Trophy winners.
Some talking points to kick around:
— Jason Pominville‘s return to action tonight didn’t do much to lift the team. He saw just 12:12 worth of ice time and had three shots on goal. It’s clear coach Mike Yeo was using him in offensive situations (like the power play) but he just couldn’t provide a spark.
— Speaking of Minnesota’s power play, it’s horrendous. They went 0-6 with the man advantage and if they could do anything with it, they’d give the Blackhawks some kind of scare. Instead, it’s basically a two minute walk in the park for Chicago’s PK.
— Dan Carcillo took a bad penalty early and finished the game playing just 3:55, the lowest ice time of any player in tonight’s game. What purpose does he serve again? Chicago has to have someone more productive than him on the roster.
— FYI: Darcy Kuemper wasn’t flying solo after replacing Harding tonight. Niklas Backstrom suited up and took a seat in on the bench as the emergency goalie. How dicey would an injury to Kuemper have been?
Here are the highlights from tonight’s game:
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Sep 4, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He’s wise to be patient with Carey Price cemented in the No. 1 spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
They previously visited Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
Sep 4, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Meanwhile, Daniel Paille still looks for work.
Sep 4, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
It’s reportedly worth $950K.
Sep 4, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Friday’s interesting tidbits in one spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
His critics get one fewer straw to grasp.
Sep 4, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He’ll reportedly work in the player development department.
Sep 4, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
GM Jeff Gorton is excited to bring him back to New York.
Sep 4, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Everyone that was at his Hamburg home during the night of the alleged incident, to be exacted.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
He’s recovering from a broken right wrist.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A summer of change provides “a fresh start.”
Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Less (or at least delayed) competition for Ben Bishop.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play beyond Feb. 25.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
He might serve on the Capitals’ third defensive pairing.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He was Arizona’s second pick of the draft after Dylan Strome.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
Kane is under a police investigation.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
They took him under custody from jail and now he’s awaiting a hearing with an immigration judge.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Can he find a role with the Flames given their deep blueline?
Sep 3, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
“Antti was frustrated after Chicago send him [a] second time [to the] AHL and he told me truly how he felt.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)