May 8, 2013, 11:39 AM EST
Ryane Clowe has seemed close to returning to the Rangers’ lineup a couple of times already in the playoffs, but he never did suit up.
Tonight, it could happen.
Clowe — who’s believed to have been dealing with a concussion, in addition to a possible leg injury — told reporters this morning there’s a good chance he’ll play Game 4 of the Rangers’ first-round series with the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden.
The big 30-year-old forward had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
Washington leads the series, 2-1.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)