May 8, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Ryane Clowe has seemed close to returning to the Rangers’ lineup a couple of times already in the playoffs, but he never did suit up.
Tonight, it could happen.
Clowe — who’s believed to have been dealing with a concussion, in addition to a possible leg injury — told reporters this morning there’s a good chance he’ll play Game 4 of the Rangers’ first-round series with the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden.
The big 30-year-old forward had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
Washington leads the series, 2-1.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)