May 8, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Ryane Clowe has seemed close to returning to the Rangers’ lineup a couple of times already in the playoffs, but he never did suit up.
Tonight, it could happen.
Clowe — who’s believed to have been dealing with a concussion, in addition to a possible leg injury — told reporters this morning there’s a good chance he’ll play Game 4 of the Rangers’ first-round series with the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden.
The big 30-year-old forward had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
Washington leads the series, 2-1.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)