May 8, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Ryane Clowe has seemed close to returning to the Rangers’ lineup a couple of times already in the playoffs, but he never did suit up.
Tonight, it could happen.
Clowe — who’s believed to have been dealing with a concussion, in addition to a possible leg injury — told reporters this morning there’s a good chance he’ll play Game 4 of the Rangers’ first-round series with the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden.
The big 30-year-old forward had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
Washington leads the series, 2-1.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 0
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1