May 8, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Ryane Clowe has seemed close to returning to the Rangers’ lineup a couple of times already in the playoffs, but he never did suit up.
Tonight, it could happen.
Clowe — who’s believed to have been dealing with a concussion, in addition to a possible leg injury — told reporters this morning there’s a good chance he’ll play Game 4 of the Rangers’ first-round series with the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden.
The big 30-year-old forward had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
Washington leads the series, 2-1.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)