May 8, 2013, 2:57 PM EST
Looking to reverse their fortunes after two straight losses, the Blues might go back to their energy line tonight.
“Going into Game 5 now, guys might be starting to get some bumps and bruises. As a line, you want to try to wear down the opposing team,” Cracknell told the Blues website. “Try to get it down low, get some hits on their D and try to re-aggravate those injuries or bruises.
“Just make them a little tired, and I think you’re going to make mistakes when you’re tired.”
The CPR line rose to prominence in Game 1 of the series with its rambunctious play and number of hits (Reaves recorded nine on his own). The unit was also largely credited with establishing St. Louis’ physical presence through the first two contests, which the Blues won.
Now, Hitchcock is hoping a reunion will kickstart his team — though he was quick to point out St. Louis’ 4-3 loss on Monday wasn’t just about a lack of CPR.
“The difference in the hockey game wasn’t the CPR line,” he told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “The difference was we gave up a bunch of odd-man rushes when we had no reason to, and that was the difference.
“That’s what let them back in the hockey game.”
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)