May 8, 2013, 2:57 PM EST
Looking to reverse their fortunes after two straight losses, the Blues might go back to their energy line tonight.
“Going into Game 5 now, guys might be starting to get some bumps and bruises. As a line, you want to try to wear down the opposing team,” Cracknell told the Blues website. “Try to get it down low, get some hits on their D and try to re-aggravate those injuries or bruises.
“Just make them a little tired, and I think you’re going to make mistakes when you’re tired.”
The CPR line rose to prominence in Game 1 of the series with its rambunctious play and number of hits (Reaves recorded nine on his own). The unit was also largely credited with establishing St. Louis’ physical presence through the first two contests, which the Blues won.
Now, Hitchcock is hoping a reunion will kickstart his team — though he was quick to point out St. Louis’ 4-3 loss on Monday wasn’t just about a lack of CPR.
“The difference in the hockey game wasn’t the CPR line,” he told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “The difference was we gave up a bunch of odd-man rushes when we had no reason to, and that was the difference.
“That’s what let them back in the hockey game.”
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)