May 8, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues defenseman Roman Polak was shaken up at the end of the first period of Wednesday’s Game 5 against the L.A. Kings.
Polak got tangled up with a Kings’ player inside the L.A. zone in the final seconds of the opening period.
Polak played 7:44 of the first period. The Blues and Kings were deadlocked at 0-0 after the opening 20 minutes and are tied 2-2 in the series.
Update: Polak returned to the game in the second period.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)