May 8, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues defenseman Roman Polak was shaken up at the end of the first period of Wednesday’s Game 5 against the L.A. Kings.
Polak got tangled up with a Kings’ player inside the L.A. zone in the final seconds of the opening period.
Polak played 7:44 of the first period. The Blues and Kings were deadlocked at 0-0 after the opening 20 minutes and are tied 2-2 in the series.
Update: Polak returned to the game in the second period.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)