May 8, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues defenseman Roman Polak was shaken up at the end of the first period of Wednesday’s Game 5 against the L.A. Kings.
Polak got tangled up with a Kings’ player inside the L.A. zone in the final seconds of the opening period.
Polak played 7:44 of the first period. The Blues and Kings were deadlocked at 0-0 after the opening 20 minutes and are tied 2-2 in the series.
Update: Polak returned to the game in the second period.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40