May 7, 2013, 11:42 PM EDT
Vancouver’s Derek Roy could be looking at a phone call from the NHL.
At the 5:16 mark of the first period, Roy delivered a hit to the head of unsuspecting Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart near the Vancouver bench. Stuart was engaged with Jannik Hansen along the boards and Roy appeared to go barreling in recklessly to hit Stuart.
Stuart went down to the ice and left the game temporarily before returning. Roy was given two minutes for boarding. See the action for yourself in the video. Suspension worthy or not?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)