May 7, 2013, 11:42 PM EDT
Vancouver’s Derek Roy could be looking at a phone call from the NHL.
At the 5:16 mark of the first period, Roy delivered a hit to the head of unsuspecting Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart near the Vancouver bench. Stuart was engaged with Jannik Hansen along the boards and Roy appeared to go barreling in recklessly to hit Stuart.
Stuart went down to the ice and left the game temporarily before returning. Roy was given two minutes for boarding. See the action for yourself in the video. Suspension worthy or not?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34