May 7, 2013, 11:42 PM EDT
Vancouver’s Derek Roy could be looking at a phone call from the NHL.
At the 5:16 mark of the first period, Roy delivered a hit to the head of unsuspecting Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart near the Vancouver bench. Stuart was engaged with Jannik Hansen along the boards and Roy appeared to go barreling in recklessly to hit Stuart.
Stuart went down to the ice and left the game temporarily before returning. Roy was given two minutes for boarding. See the action for yourself in the video. Suspension worthy or not?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 9
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 64
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 40
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 12
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (64)